Saturday

• • •

• • •

"Last step, let the date be successful, and you and Violet will be together forever!"

"Okay Neels, don't mess this up now." I said aloud to myself as I waited for Violet. I was leaning on my car waiting outside the Harris'es house. I wanted to run my hand through my hair so much but I couldn't as I know for a fact it'll become too messed for me to fix.

It felt like a million years has passed by, but in reality it was only 5 minutes, before Violet opened the door and walked out. A smile adorned her face as she walked towards me. My heart started to race as I saw her looking cute in her outfit. And she wasn't even wearing a beanie!

 And she wasn't even wearing a beanie!

"Wow." I said as she was only a few steps away. "Is that good or bad?" She asked me, a giggle slipping through her lips. "It's a good wow. You look beautiful." I took her hand and I opened the the door to the passenger seat, helping her in. "You don't look so bad either." She replied. Before I could reply, she closed to door, but I could definitely hear her laughing.

I shook my head at her and ran to the other side and starting the car. And let me tell you, the whole ride was filled with the both of us making a lot of corny jokes and singing awfully to songs that came on the radio.

"Sneaking in L.A. when the lights are low, off to one touch I could overdose. You said, 'stop playing it safe girl, I wanna see you lose control'." She sang, making me feel like I'm in cloud nine just by hearing her voice. I made my voice go as high as possible as I sang the lines. "Just like nicotine, heroin, morphine. Suddenly, I'm a fiend and you're all I need. All I need, yeah, you're all I need."

"Stop!" She yelled in between her laughter, making me laugh too. After we sang the rest of the song, we arrived at Lutherburg Park, the first place we met. "7 Days, huh?" Violet said to herself, reminiscing on when we first met. As she was practically daydreaming, I took the blanket and the picnic basket out, thanks to Alissa for giving me these, and I set up.

There were fairy lights around the park, for some reason but I'm glad since it sets the mood. After I set up, I called Violet over. And, well, she came running, in heels. How does one even do that!? She sat down beside me and well, we ate. Now, I'm not gonna bore you guys with the minor details. Basically, we joked around, threw food at each other and laughed, a lot.

"Have you ever wondered what you would be doing in the future?" She asked me. We were both laying down by now, and I so badly wanted to hold her hand in mine as our hands touched. "Why?" I asked back. "Just wonderin'." She replied, staring up at the fairy lights that surrounded the park.

It took awhile for me to reply, but I wanted to take it back immediately. "I would be with you." It slipped out my mouth without me knowing. And when I finally realized what I just said, it felt like the world was ending. I sat up real fast, staring ahead of me as my eyes remained wide.

"What?" She asked me. I could feel her stare on me, as though it was trying to burn a hole through me. I didn't want to look at her, but I had no other choice. When my eyes came in contact in her eyes, all I could see was happiness written in them. And I didn't know why. I was hella confused.

"Repeat what you just said." She said, coming closer to me. "I would be with you." I said slowly, and it just so happened that my voice became husky. I could see her cheeks turn a light shade of pink, I'm not sure if it was from what I said or from my voice. But that didn't matter because her lips was soon on mine. And at that moment, everything was perfect.