"Also, Embry thinks you're really pretty."

"I, Quil Ateara,"

"And I, Embry Call,"

"- would officially like to invite you to a little bonfire get-together." The two boys stood arm-to-arm beside each other, both holding up their right arm like they were butlers.

"As a welcome to town." Embry spoke up. "We think you're really cool and some of our other friends would like to have the pleasure of meeting you too."

"Also, Embry thinks you're really pretty. Not that I don't, but you know; Different." Embry went for a small attack on his friend before shyly looking up into Bronwyn's eyes again. They were so gorgeous. Her face and ears burned red as she turned around awkwardly. Her heart was beating so quickly, she was sure he could hear it. She certainly wanted to go with them. Embry and Quil were really fun boys.

Her mother came to the rescue. "You should go with them, Ronny." Wynny was grinning towards her daughter's new friends.

She barely held back a grin. "I would love to. When and where?"

"When are you done here today?" Embry asked, tilting his head slightly.

"You can leave at 7pm, sweetie, if that works for you boys?" The oldest in the room said before turning to another customer.

"I could pick you up." Embry suggested.

▫️▪️▫️

That evening, Embry borrowed Sam's truck to pick up his imprint. The car ride was nothing close to awkward after the first five minutes of getting used to new environment together. Embry and Bronwyn were laughing and chatting away with each other in no time. When they arrived, it felt like not a minute had passed.

Bronwyn talked to the other people who lived in the area with such ease, that Embry could do nothing else than admire her the whole event.

When Harry told the stories of their 'pack', Embry carefully grabbed her hand. They sat beside each other on a log, and he got a tingly feeling in his stomach when she blushed and their hands connected. 

Later in the night, Embry drove the girl home again. When they got to her house, he followed Bronwyn to the door. She gave him a hug, which he returned wholeheartedly, before saying "Good night, Em" and walking into her house.