The only one in charged to look after the children while they were away was the delivery man who handed over the mails and he was forced against his will to take care of the orphaned children.

It was the perfect opportunity for Mika and Yuu to explore another part of the wide place they had lived.

They went to the river. They have been to the river once since one of the Nuns wanted to show the older children how to catch fishes even if they were no aquatic animals lingering in those waters.

They ran, their little feet tapping against the dirt as they quickly went to the river to see the waterfall they were forbidden to go near.

Yuu didn't like the idea, he wanted to stay put on the stoned bench and watched butterflies fluttering against the dancing flowers but Mika had other plans.

Yuu finally knew that Mika was secretly rebellious in his own way.

He may be the kindest and sweetest child in the church,

But he was far from a saint.

Yuu stopped at the edge of the river, the smell of forest going threw his nostrils as he heard his friend was just behind him. He was about to turn around when he felt arms wrapped around his shoulders.

He panicked. He was flailing his arms rather funnily as he tried not to fall over thr river.

Once he finally got his balance, he turned his head as he glared at the smiling Mika. He knew he couldn't stay mad at him, he was his friend.

And he forgave too easily for him.

He turned around as he wrapped his skinny arms around the blonde's waist, pulling him close. Mika had his smile growing wider by the affectionate gesture of his taller friend.

Few months back, Yuu was terrified of skinship.

He refused to give Mika a hug, he refused to give Mika a simple handshake. And on that day where he dozed off and slept with his head on Mika's shoulder made him frantic when he woke up.

He had never experienced such fondness of human contact. He didn't like how he made him feel.

Vulnerable.

Weak.

Pathetic.

But after Mika had showed him that skinship was alright and you will never get harm from it. He slowly relaxed at that, he felt new emotions everytime he hugged him.

Affection.

Protection.

Contentment.

He never felt a simple contact from Mika could have made him calm down and feel so lax. He felt like the world was just another bad dream and his friend was the only thing that could make him feel better after that.

But he didn't know he had also helped Mika become free of the fear of human contact.

Yuu knew that Mika didn't live in a happy home. He knew that Mika was never really a happy child growing up in the fondness and comfort of his home.

Mika grew to hate his so called home.

He would rather be outside, with his golden retriever but the adults wouldn't have it.

Yuu knew Mika truly received a love so harsh that it scarred him both physically and mentally.

But it changed. Mika found hope again when he met and have succesfully befriended Yuu.

Mika found a love he wished he never want to let go.

There was honestly something about Yuu that he couldn't explain but he loved that he could help Yuu to teach him certain things that the Nuns couldn't teach.

And Mika felt like it was a new life all over again.

He saw Yuu in himself.

But he never saw that Yuu was ever a broken boy as the children had called him for.

He was lucky to not have the opportunity to be living in a home full of demons.

Living everyday with hell waiting for you, burdens on your back and scars wrapped around your now tainted body, dirtying what was left of your precious soul.

Mika didn't want him to experience like how he had experience it.

Mika loved Yuu.

And Yuu loved Mika too.

They would do anything for each other,

Because they were the friends they were blessed to have.

Mika laid his head on Yuu's chest. He heard the soft pitter patter of his friend's heart beat which made him smile.

He slowly looked up to see Yuu staring back at him. The blonde was now on his tippy toes as he pressed his lips against the boy's cheek.

Yuu hitched his breath by the sudden contact, the warmness of his lips that had touched his cold cheek.

He was surprised.

Mika just smiled and he held Yuu tighter to his body. He gave out a sigh of contentment.

He blinked as he felt something warm on his crown as he looked to see Yuu had his cheeks painted in pink as he looked away.

Mika just laughed at his facial expression. Yuu was such a sweetheart, he used to be so cold towards him but now he was letting loose and becoming comfortable towards Mika and slowly becoming comfortable with the people in the church orphanage.

Mika will always have a place in Yuu's heart.

And Yuu will always have Mika's heart.