10| Brother or Husband?

Start from the beginning

"Naniji that was nothing like that. Why are you speaking like this? If I was your own granddaughter, would you speak like this?"

Nani shook her head and caressed her cheeks fondly "You're gem betiya. Eventhough I was not in the state to get peace anytime soon, I feel content seeing you. You are light of a dark room betiya. I am giving you the permanent responsibility to lighten the darkness of this mansion... And you're my own granddaughter there was no doubt in that"

Khushi smiled in glee and hugged Nani to her heart content. Arnav stood with a smile content on seeing his important persons standing together and supporting each other in distrast. This is called family. This is what family is. They'll stand by you no matter what.

"Can I ask something betiya?" Nani asked breaking the hug.

Khushi faked a glare and turned showing her back. Arnav smiled at her antics. Nani raised her brows at Arnav in teasing manner for which he shrugged his shoulders.

With the same smile Nani moved and stood before khushi raising her chin "When will you become our bahu?"

"What the!!!"

Khushi hiccupped at her straight question. More than a question it looks like an announcement.

"Betiya you didn't answer me yet"

"Nani.. what are you asking?"

"I know what I am asking chotte. I don't know why I feel dark clouds circling around our family. Something is going to happen. Before I close my eyes I need to settle your life atleast. I trust you. You'll look after Anjali betiya. Aakash has Payal. I want to die in peace knowing my children's are happy"

"NANI... WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING? THERE'S NOTHING BAD GOING TO HAPPEN" Arnav breathed heavily and Nani wiped her eyes. She can feel something going to happen. Her instincts warning her and it never went wrong.

"I'll Nani. And trust me you're going to welcome me else I am not going to  step here" Khushi pouted amidst of her tears.

***

"Bring the bride" Panditji announced. Anjali smiled ear to ear getting up. Aakash looked up eagerly. Though he presents himself as a desperate groom who was in so much love wishing nothing but to held his love in his arms, his heart was thudding in anxiety. He never thought the day which he eagrly waited for, would turn into a something like this. He'll never forget his wedding day ever in his life. So many revelations, so many bitter truth, so much recklessness.

He saw Payal descending down the stairs. Smiling at her genuinely he wandered his eyes to see the other members.

His father and mother was bickering with each other even now eyeing Payal. His dadi was smiling at them yet her smile didn't reached her eyes. His di was beaming and glowing literally having no idea of what's happening around her. Nk who was so much eager to enjoy this wedding earlier was now standing in a corner watching everything silently. What had happened to him suddenly?

And then his eyes landed on Arnav. He stood emotionless like always watching everything with a scrutinizing gaze. Following his vision he gritted his teeth. There stood Shyam oogling at the person beside Payal. Wish he can push everything aside and pull his eyeballs out. Luckily he saw Arnav coming towards them and stood beside Khushi. Only then he realised Payal presence beside him. Inhaling a deep breath he continued to do what Panditji says.

Khushi glanced at her left "Do you know, you can stretch your lips. It was not limited to keep it closed"

Arnav blinked his eyes paying no heed to her words.