Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

"Maddy!" fast, loud knocking made me sit up, "it's Julia! Time for orientation!" she paused, "and I got some new clothes for you! I hope you don't mind, but you looked my size. Can I come in?"

I wrapped a blanket around myself and unlocked the door.

In Julia's arms, were some jean capris and a red tank top.

"Thanks, I'll be right back," I shut the door and put them on.

Perfect fit.

I opened the door and Julia was standing there still, "ready to go?"

"Sure," I mumbled.

She lead me down the hall to a movie theatre type room.

Once we were seated, the movie started.

If you could even call it a movie.

It was all just Julia talking.

"Welcome to the Rendezvous!" she greeted me, and then I looked around, realizing I wasn't alone. There were several people there. All looking like ordinary kids, "and I know what you're thinking. 'An orientation? That's stupid!' But in all honesty, I would've killed for one when I first came here two years ago!" she went on to tell a little bit about herself and what she experienced here, which actually caught my interest a little bit. Then she went on to explain the important stuff. She explained all about weaknesses, Severs, and Supremes. Next, was rules. "Rule one: no leaving the Rendezvous. I know. Buzz kill. But trust me, I've been there. Don't. Rule two: please, no weapons here!" her eyes flicked over to the side and I noticed a green haired guy in the background shrug and smirk, "rule three: make friends. You'll need them here. Trust me. A boy came up and whispered in her ear and she took his hand, "if you have any questions, just come ask! And if I'm not around, ask Carter here," she smiled and elbowed him, "have fun here at the Rendezvous!" the screen went black, and the lights came up.

"I know, it was boring. And I was WAY too preppy!" Julia laughed, breaking the silence, "c'mon, let's go to the Commons to get lunch."

-----

We walked into a large lunchroom. Tables were scattered all over the place, people talking and showing off their skills.

It was chaotic.

"Get whatever you want, 'cause everything here is free!" Julia picked up a Sprite and set it in her tray.

Feeling kind of uncomfortable here, I got a Sprite, too.

We moved down the rows of carts filled with food. I took a bag of fruit snacks and a slice of pepperoni pizza, and Julia got an apple and a slice of cheese pizza.

"Where do we sit?" I asked her, stepping out of the way just in time as a water bottle whirled past my head.

She laughed, looking kind of embarrassed, "by the guy who just chucked the bottle at you. Well, that's where I've always sat, at least. But you don't have to sit with me."

"Puh-lease," I answered back, "like I know anyone else here? Right."

She laughed and we walked over to the table.