Dead Man's Spell

AN: The fight scene will be a bit different from the actual movie.

Merly aka Raven POV

The ship's engine roar died down and the area surrounding Bleeker street was empty, only with a dull wary silence.

We all looked at each other, unsure of how to approach this situation.

We knew Thanos's wrath would fall on earth at some point. We just didn't know it'd be this soon.

For almost two years I've been trying to prepare myself for this day.

I tracked down anyone with special abilities or wills strong enough to fight Thanos alongside me.

But no one wanted to fight.

The accords drove fear into their lives and broke their wills to save the world. And I perfectly understand.

Why would you save a world that never cared about you?

A world that only sees you as a monster.

A world that will never give you a second chance.

A world that begs to be saved while it turn its back to you as it refuses to apologize for what it made you do.

It blames the unfortunate on us.

I don't have the strength to save it anymore.

And think I've begun to loose my will to save it.

Their actions have consequences and their judgment will never be forgotten.

I will face Thanos if I have to, only because I feel there is still good out there. Maybe not so much here on earth. But my anger and disappointment will not surpass our sky and I will not let it dictate the fate of half the universe.

My world is my family.

And I will do whatever it takes for them to be free and live without fear.

Even if it kills me in the end.

There's no army to fight Thanos.

For now it's just us.

Three broken Avengers and two sorcerers who gave up their freedom to save our reality.

"It's time." Tony says with a grim face.

We all begin walking in the direction of the alien ship.

We stop as a blue light beams down to figures. One is slim yet tall, while the other is larger and more terrifying looking than the hulk.

"Hear me, and rejoice! You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos." The thin one begins to deliver a speech, mainly to us since we're the only idiots outside.

Tony rolls his eyes and takes something out his pocket and hands it to me. "Take it."

"What-" I ask as I inspect the tiny piece in my palm until I figure out its purpose. It's and earpiece with the Avengers symbol on it.

"It's another AI system. Figured you'd need it." He shrugs as we continue to ignore the alien's speech.

"Be thankful, that your meaningless lives are now contributing to..."

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get outta here." Tony interrupts him. Clearly only he would have the balls to do that.

The alien glares at him and redirects his attention towards Stephen. "Stone keeper... Does this chattering animal speak for you?"

"Certainly not. I speak for myself. There's no trespassing in this city and on this planet."