Chapter 8: A Problem (Continued)

Tony didn't waste any time. The minute Natasha's taser bullet hit Peter he ran to him desperately clawing at the chip embedded in the kids neck. But even with his armor on his hand he couldn't get it out. By now he was panicking, the kid wouldn't stay down for long and that creature was still there; staring straight at them. "Friday what's going on here?"

The AI quickly scanned Peter's neck, "The suit has lost immense power. I would suggest that Steve try and take it out. Quickly sir, it won't last very longer," Tony was already lifting Peter up and running straight for the super solider in his armor. Tony didn't even have to tell him anything as he went straight to the chip and yanked as hard as he could. The chip came out with a sickening crunch and suddenly Peter was wide awake in Tony's arms and screaming. He was punching and kicking in Tony's arms, the scream never stopping. 

"A little help here guys!" Steve immediately took Peter from Tony's battered arms and was already turning to run back to the Quin-jet but that was when Tony heard that familiar snap. It froze him in his tracks, a shiver running down his spine. Before he could even turn around or react he was tackled to the ground, a crushing weight on top of him. The creature stood on top of him and roared, it's long teeth and tongue frightening everyone in their tracks. It stared at the Avengers hungrily its eyes stopping on Peter. The creature seemed to smile and its eyes slitted even more. 

"Did you really think I would let you take Vemon's play thing so easily?" The scientist chuckled and ran a hand through his thinning and crazy hair, "Venom always gets what he wants." And with that said the creature named Venom lunged, it lunged straight for Captain America who was trying his hardest to get Peter to safety. Natasha quickly went into action using the gadgets Tony had made for her to try and get the attention off of Peter and Steve. Venom simply growled and continued his advance. He was nearly there, Venom jumped his arms outstretched straight for the passed out spider in Steve's arms. That was when a giant piece of debris was thrown at the monster, sending it flying into a pillar. The Avengers quickly turned and saw that the Hulk had now emerged from the jet. The Hulk bellowed at Venom and ran straight at the creature who was still scrambling to escape his concrete prison. A giant green fist smashed straight into its head and it let out an ear splitting scream. The Hulk didn't stop he continued pounding on the dazed Venom, punch after punch until it finally got one of his hands. Still holding back Hulk's power Venom slowly stood, a grin growing on his face. The Hulk was momentarily confused as he looked on in shock as Venom seemed to grow stronger and stronger. Venom brought his unoccupied arm back and sent Hulk flying with his punch. Venom's black skin seemed to be moving and making its body even bigger and bigger. 

"Guys, this is getting bad here.." Natasha was the first to speak up. She slowly turned and looked at Steve and then Tony, "We got the kid. I think we should leave now."

Without another word the Avengers began to move. Clint went to quickly help Tony up and they began running back to the still running jet. Tony was extremely slow, he was staggering with every step he took. The kid and Venom had done a number on him. The minute Steve turned to follow the Avengers Venom cried out. It was one of the most horrifying things the Avengers had ever heard. Venom completely forgot about the Hulk and was staring straight at Steve, no, he was staring hungrily right at Peter. Steve didn't waste anymore time and began to sprint as fast as he could possibly go. Within minutes he was inside the jet strapping Peter onto the medical table and rushing back to help the others. This only angered Venom more and he charged. He was gaining fast on Clint and Tony so Steve quickly jumped into action whipping his shield right at the creature's face. His trusty shield ricocheted off the creature and flew right back to his hands. The blow dazed Venom enough that Hulk was able to get the drop on him. Hulk roared and grabbed the creature, that was now as big as him and threw him with all his might right back at the scientist. Venom screeched as the Hulk quickly jumped into the jet and Steve went about getting themselves in the air. By the time Venom had landed and recovered from the throw the jet was no where to be seen. He growled and threw his head back letting out an inhumane screech to the night sky. That was when the scientist groaned as he tried to crawl out from some of the concrete that had landed on him. His head was cut open and there was blood dripping into his eye. The creature turned to the scientist and screeched once more before its big muscled hand grabbed him by the neck yanking him from the rubble. Venom squeezed tighter and tighter making the man kick his legs about and try desperately to get the creature to let him go. Venom simply smiled and let his mouth reach his full length before he dug straight into the man's frail body. He didn't even have a chance to scream before the only thing left of him was his shattered glasses...