2. melt

"Y/N!" Uncle Yamada screamed. The noise echoing throughout the small arena like place where everyone was gathered. Heads turned. This is it Mom and Dad- sorry I didn't live to become an amazing hero.

"HOW'D YOU DO ON THE TEST?" He screeched unaware of all the stares from shocked bystanders. I gave him one apologetic look before turning back into the crowd.

"SORRY UNCLE YAMADA!" I squeaked before getting lost in the throng of people.

After stumbling around in the crowd for a few minutes- and managing to bump into several people, I was finally in the waiting area. I looked up at the arena wall and saw Dad scanning the crowd. I scowled up at him.

Earlier that day.

"I'm telling you Y/N I don't have anything to do with the exam."

Haha yeah right, dad. We met eyes and he raised an eyebrow before pulling out his phone.

Unoriginal Hero Name
You might as well quit now.

Y/N
Wow dad so supportive

Unoriginal Hero Name
You really think you can take down
a bunch of robots with your quirk?

Y/N
No

Unoriginal Hero Name
Just use your quirk to make other's stronger
You might get support points

Y/N
Wow, dad, you were preaching about
'Being fair' this morning and now you're
telling me how to cheat

Unoriginal Hero Name
Bye

As much as dad said that he couldn't tell be because it was against the rules Mom and I knew that it was just because he hadn't read the email. Way to go Dad.

"Hey look at her face!"

I looked up from my phone putting it back in my pocket. I glanced at everyone around me my stomach churning. My soulmate better hurry up and slap me I'm getting real tired of these comments. The sarcastic side of me was really having a blast with this situation. Yeah, but what kind of person is your soulmate if they're going to slap you. I gave in to my fear. Looking down at my beat up sneakers.

Minutes of silence seemed to pass as everyone within 10 feet seemed to be staring into my soul. The sound of coughing from my left brought the attention away. A boy with white and red hair stood next to me. A large uneven scar spread on his face. We nodded a small unspoken bond filled in the awkward silence.

"It's Todoroki." He said offering his hand. I blinked away the small piercing tears that had been forming in the corners of my eyes.

"Y/N." I took his hand and stood up. A warm breeze shook the branches of the trees causing an unrealistic amount of petals to float down from the sky. We looked up and exchanged a few words.

"AAAAREEEE YOU REAAAADY!" Came a loud scream. It broke through the peaceful chatter that everyone was engaged in. I shivered my Dad's intense stare piercing my soul.

I zoned out soon after that. Taking in my surroundings. A plan formulated in my mind- Ok Y/N pick two or three people to enhance.  Calm down and- everyone seemed to race off in a mad dash for the gate. I took out my phone and walked in I had already done my job.

I stood just inside the gate putting my headphones in to drown out the sound of kids screaming. Dad was right I was useless for this challenge. Just as I was about to go somewhere peaceful where I could concentrate and help out a few people a piece of metal careened toward me. It finally slowed down at my feet where it rested- singed wires sticking out at random.

w     o     w

I looked up at who had chucked the singed piece of metal at me. It was one of the few I had chosen to help. His crimson eyes and ash blonde hair set him apart from many of those there. He seemed to have a fire quirk- I scanned his body. Why do the hot ones have to be so rude.

After a few minutes of ogling at his toned arms, I made the mistake of looking into his eyes. Deep crimson pools locked onto my e/c eyes. I quickly looked down, his stare disrupting my concentration enough for a momentary pause in my quirk's powers.

I started to walk away from him and get to a more isolated area. More metal debris flew toward me a few getting too close for comfort. He needed to chill- I was trying to help him. A gust of warm air hit my face. Ash blonde hair suddenly attacked my senses. Did he also have a teleportation quirk?

"If you aren't going to do anything then get your annoying ass out of here." He leaned in eyes glowing with some unexplainable fury.

"Rude." Oh shit oh fuck. Why'd I say that? I stumbled backward.

"Weren't you listening to the long ass speech earlier you dumb brat." His voice raised to more of a shout. I took a few more steps back, running into a stone pillar. He continued to get closer. "If you don't want to participate get the fuck away."

"Rich bratty dumbasses like you get on my nerves." His voice rumbled and shook like thunder. He brought his fist back small explosions lighting up in his palm. My pulse quickened. His fist drew closer fast. I looked him in the eyes once more smirking as I turned his explosions into small sparks.

His hand kept on coming. I panicked as his hand got even closer continuing its path of destruction. A loud slap rang throughout the arena as I felt a warm melting sensation spread through me.

Oh no.

________________________________
Not really sure how I feel about this.

-Ai