Chapter 1

(The beginning)

''Please don't go, I still have many things to tell you Yejin...'' I run as fast as I can trying to at least grab my best friend who was going through a dark wilderness all alone.

She faced me with a smile on her face, but she was fading away in the darkness and I was losing her.

I screamed my lungs out but nothing came nor an echo I was again all alone.

I woke up from this nightmare breathing heavily with tears on my face and covered by sweat, I grabbed the water mug beside me but it was empty, it was only seconds till my alarm went off.

''it's already 7:00am, but I haven't slept that long...'' I frowned still feeling my heart beats fast from that dream '' why am I having this dreams again'' I wondered.

Most of us can remember at least one such dream for its vividness, resulting visceral fear and lingering discomfort. But it was different for me, I remember each one of them like it was yesterday since my best friend Yejin passed away one year ago in a car accident.

I took a shower and headed back to the kitchen for some coffee and yesterday's cake leftover that I bought from Starbucks. I sat and wrote down my dream in a note book of how I remember it, it may look weird but it's a normal practice for a Psychology major student such as me.

My name is Ella, a psychology major job seeker 23 year old girl and this my story of how I met him, her and him.

I unlocked my laptop and closed all those job seeking websites and figured I should just rewatch my old album with my friend Yejin. She was the prettiest girl in school for sure and all the guys wanted to date her, I was sort of the bodyguard back then stopping the boys from getting closer to her but she didn't mind that as well. She dated all kind of jerks you just name it, she dated the football junkie, the principle son and the convenient store employee next to our school.

I laughed as I saw a picture of both of us in a Halloween costume, I was Wilma and she was Betty from the Flintstones it was sure a long time when I took her to US where my father lived with his new wife.

As I scrolled through old memories, an email notification came through and it was from Seoul district hospital the psychology/rehabilitation center, it said that I was accepted to complete my one year internship there. I jumped out of joy finally something to be happy for. And here where I accepted the offer regardless with the crappy salary I was offered.

After a week from my acceptance today was my first day, I went to the hospital and directly the head of the department for my basic orientation.

The director was quite good looking for his age, he opened my files and started to ask me few normal questions and what I hope to achieve during this one year. It was all fine till he scrolled to my last employment history.

''It looked like you graduated last year but didn't get employed anywhere, nor you applied for a job... were you taking a break?'' he asked

I nodded in disagreement '' My best friend passed away on the day I landed in Seoul after my graduation, it was a shock for me and a sad phase that I needed to sort it out before I move on''

He looked at me and fixed his glass '' and did you move on?''

I smiled as I knew that there is no answer that can tell me if I did or didn't, all I hope for that this internship will let me know at the end.

I was taken for a tour around our section and was introduced to several doctors and people I needed to know. I was also advised on the hospital normal guides such as: don't discharge a patient without a guardian signature, don't give out treatments without proper backup, don't date a patient and so on which I understood and acknowledged.