Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Original Edition - Chapter 4: What Started as a Game...

Get your hands on a copy of Breaking the Friendzone today! https://w

Get your hands on a copy of Breaking the Friendzone today! https://w.tt/3b9l6ua

LACEY

Luke walks towards the door of Club Blue as I hold my fingertips to my lips. They are still tingling from the kiss.

He kissed me. Luke kissed me. I kissed him back.

I seriously thought he was joking at first when he introduced himself; he honestly doesn't remember me.  I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or if that just turns the Lucas Drake-shaped knife in my gut a little more.

I was just going to dance with him, then tell him who I was.  It was going to be a joke, because the idiot DOESN'T REMEMBER HIS BEST FRIEND.  His hands were all over me.  Oh god, they felt good.  I've never had so much fun dancing in my life.  Then when he kissed me - fireworks.  Blood on fire, knees quaking, skin tingling, mind-blowing fireworks.

Shit.

I tuck my hair behind my ear and make my way back to Rachel. Her and Justin's eyes are locked on me. I quickly take my jacket from her hands, keeping quiet about what just happened.

"So Lace, do I get at least hug?" Justin grins against the lip of his beer.

My mouth falls open.  "Did you know the entire time?"

"No," he laughs.  "Rachel informed me once you two started grinding."  He leans forward and wraps his arms around me in a brotherly-type bear hug.  "Good to see you."

"You too, Justin.  It's been a long time."  It's been twelve years since I've seen Justin.  I wasn't as close to him but the four of us were together every day when I lived here during my summers.

He releases me from the hug and both of them return to their wide-eyed stare.  My face flushes to a hot pink.  They obviously saw him kiss me.  And if they saw that then they saw me kiss him back.

"Sooo, I'm going to go with Luke." I motion with my thumb to the door.

"Did you tell him yet?  Lace, you gotta tell him,"  Justin pleads with me.  "I've never seen him so scared to talk to a girl before."

He was scared to talk to me?  He won't be once he figures out who I am.  He will probably go right back to hating me, which is fine.  Whatever.  I got a good laugh out of it.

"I have to tell him.  I'm staying at the idiot's house."  My eyes roll as I put on my jacket.  "I'm sure he will go right back to ignoring me."

icon lock

Show your support for May Lynn, and continue reading this story

by May Lynn
@authorMayLynn
Breaking the Friendzone is now published as a Paperback, and E-book w...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 83 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @authorMayLynn.