Sparks Fly: Chapter 5

Harry POV

Pants.

Shirts.

Jackets.

Toothbrush.

I threw things carelessly into my suitcase preparing for the next 2 months, AKA the tour.

In one hour wed be boarding a plane from London to New York!

Ive ALWAYS wanted to go to New York, with all the cool skyscrapers.

There wed be meeting Taylor, remember her?

Im pretty excited to say the least.

It will be a crazy two months, we meet her in New York, fly to LA and work our way across the United States, stopping for a while in Nashville because that’s where Taylor’s from and she requested a short stop.

I shamelessly danced around my room listening to Taylor’s song You Belong With Me, which I must say I quite like, while simultaneously packing and zippering up my suitcase. 

I made a final check to make sure I left nothing, and managed to carry my bag down the stairs without tripping. 

Quite an accomplishment.

I found Louis waiting at the bottom with his eyebrows raised, “You Belong With Me? Nice. I’ll make sure to tell Taylor that.” I blushed, hoping he was kidding, and continued dragging my bag to the car where Zayn, Niall, and Liam were impatiently waiting.

“CAN YOU GO ANY SLOWER?!” Screamed Zayn from the front window.

Just to annoy him, I went out of my way to walk extra slow and I heard outcries from the front seat.

Chuckling, I made my way into the back seat and sat snug between Louis and Niall.

I rested my head on Louis’ shoulder and hummed along to Ed Sheeran’s “The City”

Louis ruffled my hair and laid his head on top of mine. 

The airport was FULL of people so all of us pulled our hoods over our heads, slid on our sunglasses, and sauntered our way to our gate.

If the security hadn’t known any better we all would have been mistaken for terrorists, and believe me, there was no shortage of glares and timid stares coming our way. 

“Flight 507 boarding for New York, flight 507 boarding for New York.” Said the lady over the loud speaker, we ran the rest of the way and made it through the doors just in time.

Victory.

We found our way to our first class seats, and I sat next to Louis as usual.

I prepared myself for the long flight, grabbing my ipod and putting it on shuffle and started a game of Temple Run.

I soon found out I suck at that game.

The ride was long but we were approaching New York.

I looked out the window and was met by the towering Statue of Liberty. I looked over at Louis who was still trying to beat his high score on Tiny Wings and poked his cheek, “Lou, LOOOOOOOOOOOOK” I pointed towards the window.

“Ya, great. BUT I WAS ABOUT TO BEAT MY HIGHSCORE! Damn you, Styles, damn you.” He said, squirming in his seat, but catching a glimpse of the oncoming statue.

I pushed my face up against the small airplane window and watched the skyscrapers pass below me. 

Soon we approached the runway and made a bumpy landing.

“Please stay in your seats till we have come to a complete and final stop.” Said the lady over the loudspeaker. I wiggled around with anxiety, waiting to get off.

We stopped at the gate and I jumped up, grabbed my bags, and ran out, leaving the boys surprised. 

“NNNNNEEEWWWW YOOOOORRRKKKKK” I screamed at the top of my lungs, getting a dirty look from an old lady sitting at a bench. The boys ran up behind me and lifted me up in a huge hug. 

We were then herded into a nice fancy room with red carpet and white couches.

Us being us, we flopped down on the couches instantly reaching for our multiple electronics.

“Lou, get your BUM off my legs!” I yelled as Louis sat down on my outstretched legs.

And Louis’ not particularly light.

I punched him in the leg, which amounted to a full on play fistfight.

“Boys! Boys….BOYS!” Paul yelled waving his arms around.

We all froze and looked up where I saw the most beautiful girl Id ever set eyes on.

Her hair was carefully curled and her dress was blue and white spotted. 

And her eyes.

Eyes Id only seen in pictures.

But the pictures made them look so dull compared to real life.

They were….so blue.

She skeptically gave us a smile and said “Hi…My name is Taylor…”

I was so caught up in how beautiful she was that I fell off from my perch on top of Louis’ shoulders.

Everyone gave their hellos except for me, who was still staring painfully awkwardly. 

“OH…um….hi…” I said, quickly regaining my confidence I walked over and stuck my hand out “Im Harry” I also added a little wink. 

She nodded and looked over at the boys giving them all nods, “I know who you are all” She giggled looking at the ground “I may or may not have looked all of you guys up…” 

“No worries, we did the same” Niall responded quickly.

“well its nice to meet all of you, shall we get on the road, we have to talk about tour stuff” she asked pointing to the door.

We all walked out shooting glances at each other. 

Ya, she was pretty cool.

Taylor POV

They all seemed pretty cool so far!

Except Harry, he gave me the total douchebag wink.

Gotta stay away from him, hes dangerous.

Ugh, boy bands.