Hopes and Dreams

"The lonliest people are the kindest.... the saddest people smile the brightest... the most damaged people are the wisest... all because they don't wish to see anyone suffer the way they do,"

-???????

----------

Everyone in Underground heard the crashing sound that came from the King's palace. Near and far, they watched in terror as the duty of protecting the King kicked in, the Royal guards rushed with all their might to join the King's side.

Frisk and Sans were the one closer to the castle than the others. With no time to slack off, they rushed in inside and were the first to arrive and witness the unbelievable turn of events.

The human SOULS, floating around the King who was panting and still was injured from the recent incident. They were too frenzy but that because of the one who was trying to hurt the King.

Frisk's hands clasped to her mouth. Trying not to cry, trying to adjust the serious situation and how things turned to this way. Sans was the fastest to act and with his magic carried the King and brought him behind them while the SOULS were too frightened they went behind Frisk.

Even though the six human SOULS got their courage and were determined. They could not be brave in front of that person.

"Welcome both of you! For a moment I was wondering where you disappeared to...." Chara raised both of his hands, welcoming them with a big smile on his face. His physical appearance was unrecognizable at first look, which made both Sans and Frisk inspect him just to be sure.

"Oh, you can keep that! I was just killing time with him. The flies were fun to watch, I say they did entertain me," Chara chuckled cruelly, Frisk felt sick of this kind of behavior.

"What's the meaning of this?!" Frisk vocalized with a tone that was out of her nature, Sans glanced at her with the corner of his eyes. It can't be helped. The Chara she was too cherished about spending all the nights thinking about him and determined on finding him, turned out to be like this.

A cruel monster.

Two visible horns sprouted from his head, abnormal muscular body, and eyes that were out of this world. The dark skin that took over his normal color and the black lines that were spread around his body.

"Someone been hittin the Gym," Sans pointed out the bizarre build of his body. Chara laughed, conceited from the compliments he received.

At this time, Undyne and Genzo finally reached.

"What the hell is going on?!" Undyne analyzed the area and hurried when she spotted the injured King.

Genzo ferociously snarled "Is he the one who caused all of this?!"

"That....that can't be true. That's not you. Yes that's it, you are Thayer!" it was meaningless to state that but Frisk didn't want to believe it.

"Oh it's me Chara alright, me and him are one," raising both of his arms, showing that he is still sane and the same person.

"I just accepted the reality Frisk. The hate I've been fighting so much against it all that time, that is all,"

"As....Asriel....my.....son......" the King coughed terribly from the damage he received. Undyne held his arm and supported him to stand up, Genzo was on guard in the front with his axe head on.

"oh him? I sucked his SOUL too! I need it after all," he poked his horn few times to illustrate the unfortunate fate of the prince. The whole thing was too messed up for Frisk to take in, regardless she remained determined.