Chapter Seven ~ Submission

Começar do início

"Ava?" I spun around, my back pressing against the warmth of the glass window. Amber stood in front of a small white door, her hands clasped in front of her, her eyes lowering as I looked into them.

"Aunt Amber?" I moved towards her, my bare feet brushing against the cool floor, the white nightgown that reached my knees swaying with my body.

She extended her arms towards me and pulled me into an affectionate embrace. She heaved a large sigh, "I'm so glad you're safe."

"Where are we?" I asked, my brows knitted together as I tried to wriggle out of her iron hug.

She released me, her hands planting themselves firmly on my arms as she stared me directly in the eye, "You're in Heaven now."

My mouth went dry and I swallowed hard, "You make it sound like I'm dead."

She let out a small laugh, "You're not dead, in fact you are very much alive. Though you took a little bit of a hit, I was told you were extremely uncooperative."

I gritted my teeth, "Uncooperative?! She punched me in the face!"

She shook her head, her red curls dancing, "Well you deserved it. What were you thinking running off with that demon back to Oblivion?!" Her voice raised and I could feel a lecture coming on. I rolled my eyes and pulled from her grasp. Her blue-grey eyes darkened, "I'm serious Ava. What did I say about being reckless?"

"I wasn't being reckless," I felt offended and like a little child who was being scolded for stealing a cookie before dinner.

"Oh, yes you were!" She pointed a finger in my face, "You've been looking for the scroll."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I quickly countered, my chest tightening with anxiety.

"Don't lie to me Ava, they found the Crystal Key in your pocket. Elizabeth Nixon hid it for a reason and now you're trying to dig it up?" She took a deep breath, trying to calm her apparent anger.

"You don't understand. I have to find the scroll. For Luis, for mom and dad-" I began, emotion in my voice.

She turned on me, cutting me off, "Ava, you're parents are gone."

Sadness pricked at my heart, "You don't know that. They went missing, nobody found any evidence. They just vanished. How do you know they aren't still out there? I spoke with a witch-"

"What witch?" Again I was cut off. Her eyes were wide.

"Nuala."

"One of Elizabeth's friends," Amber frowned, her eyes casting about in thought, "What did she tell you?"

"She told me to give my mother her regards. That has to mean something. She knows something, something we don't. My parents are out there and I'm not just going to sit back and do nothing." I firmly stated, my hands curling into determined fists, "But all of this won't matter if we don't find the scroll. Without it, everything you and I know will be gone."

"What are you talking about?" Her anger had quickly turned to concern.

"Morana, she was a rebel in the last war between the angels and demons and aided the angels. Or at least, that's what I have been told. She wants to destroy everything. Heaven, Hell, and everything in between." I ran my tongue over my dry lips, "The scroll is the only thing that can stop her."

"If what you are saying is true, Judgement will need to hear this," She took my hand firmly in hers, "Get dressed, you must come with me immediately. I apologize for the change of clothes, don't worry I'm the one who dressed you. We had to make sure you weren't injured or in any other way hurt. The gear you came in is tucked safely under the bed. Put it on and meet me in the hall." She turned and exited, leaving me alone again in the unusually large and empty room.