Chapter 4

"We need a plan to get out of here." Wesley says and Simon nods as he was clutching his side, still hurting from when Reo attacked him not more than half an hour ago. "You okay?" I ask him and he nods, as he groaned lightly. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me, worry about a plan to get us out of here, and back to the monastery. We have to warn them. And tell Kenzou" Simon says and Wesley and I hang our heads sadly.

Kenzou.

How could we have forgotten about him. The man who treated Lara as if she was his own child, and who had raised her since she was four years old. It would be the same if we didn't end up returning to miss Gertrude.

"So you got any ideas Anthony" Wesley asks me, as I stood from the ground and slowly walked over to the door, to peak out of the glass little window on the door, to see about one guard on our door, and there was maybe five others down the hall. "How would Lara do this.." I ask them as I crouched down by the door, and crawled back over to them, as we were huddled together in the middle of the room, on the floor. "She usually would watch them for a bit, before planning anything." Simon says, then groans quietly, as he held his side tighter. "Simon's is right. She would watch them for at least a week before she even made a move. But we don't have time for that long"  Wesley says and I nod agreeing. " we watch them tonight, and watch the shifts and how they change in the morning. Then the following night, we'll strike." I tell them and Wesley looks at me a little confused. "And how will we get off without having what happened last time?" he asks.

I had to admit, he was right.

We needed more evidence before..then the boat tipped to the side, and we ended up falling right into the side of the wall, which made Simon scream in pain. The boat tipped the other way, but me and Wesley hanged onto the wall without nails, and each grabbed Simon before he could hurt himself more. When the boat steadied, I could hear the yells from above us, of orders, but I didn't hear waves. Oh no. I heard the sounds of cannons, and other yells, some in japanese. And a voice that was yelling the orders in japanese sounded way too familiar.

Kenzou.

*~*~~*~*

"Kasai!" I order as they fired another cannonball at the lord's ship. That was when I saw Reo come jumping onto the main deck, and looks at me as I eyed him, my eyes narrowing keeping him in place.

(Fire!).

I turn my attention away from him, turning it to captain Keith. "Let's get us across!" I yell and he nods as we launched another cannonball. When our ship approached there's, I and many others, grabbed the gangplank, then let it fall onto their ship, before we rushed down with our weapons out and ready for battle.

I ran down the gangplank as I jumped off and landed on one of the men bringing them to the ground, before I took my sword and hit it right between the man's heart, then pulled it out, and stood. Today, and until this was over, I wouldn't be merciful.

I didn't think any of us would.

Across the ship as I was fighting, Yoshi was getting my attention. I look over at him, after I stabbed my blade through the last man who I was in a fight with.

He was gesturing to below deck.

I understood and ran over to him, as I opened the doors, and he rushed down, tackling a man who was right there, guarding. Only thing was he had a gun, but he didn't know how fast Yoshi could be. He may be old, but he was more deadly than anyone in his younger years. At least, that's what I heard from when I was young. But you don't become an elder at 37 for no reason. When Yoshi stood I followed down the steps my swords ready, but was shocked at what I saw.

A door to a room had fell right off its hinges and Anthony and Wesley both came charging out, knocking the man who was guarding it to the ground. Simon then came limping out, but despite his obvious pain, when a man came over to get Anthony off the man, he jumped on his back, and took out, what I think was one of Lara's knives out, and held it to his neck. "Don't even try" he hisses in the man's ear. "I'm impressed" Yoshi says, making everyone's attention snap over to us. "I'm guessing that Lara has taught you many things while on your journey together" he says, and I stepped over to the two who were now on the ground.

"Where is lord James, lord Alexei, and Reo?" I ask them, but they stayed quiet. Then Sachihiro came down the steps. "They aren't on the ship. But we saw a couple lifeboats. Just a bit out seawards, heading towards at least three other ships in the distance."  he says and I punched both the men in the face, hard, which knocked them both out cold. "We take them on the ship with us. Question them on their plan. Burn the ship down." I order and turn around as I marched up the step to the main deck, Yoshi, and I'm sure the three boys not far behind.

"What do we do?' Anthony akss me as he ran up to catch up to me at the gangplank. "You boys come with us. We have a battle to prepare you boys for." I tell them as I walked up onto our ship.

*~*~~*~*

"Hachiman.." I whispered not able to believe it. I turned around quickly to my mother. "You guys need to move. Now!" I say as I looked around. But realized they couldn't just take anything because technically this wasn't here. Was it?

"Who is that?" Dad asks me as he moved from the window. "Hachiman. A japanese kemi. He was the kemi of war. Believe me, since something happened thousands of years ago, he hasn't been the most friendly of the kemi." I tell my father, and look at them as I began to panic even more. "Please..just..run!" I beg them, and my father and mother glance at each other, before my father rushes over to the door, and opens it, as my mother stepped out, running down the steps, my father and I not far behind her. "Watashi no hōseki!" I hear him scream.

And that was when something dawned on me.

That isn't possible..I couldn't possibly have..

(My gem!).

I opened my bag up, and that was when I saw it shining brightly up on my ghostly face, and couldn't believe it. The gem..was here..in the spirit realm..with Hachiman right behind me!

"Run!" I yell to my parents, as I closed my bag, but when I stood up and had it over my shoulder it was to late. I was surrounded by fire.

"Watashi no hōseki..' he whispers as he came even closer. "Lara!" I hear my mother scream. "Go!" I yell at them. And my father looks at me sadly, and I nod at him, and he picked my mother up, despite her struggles and carried her away as he ran. While I looked up, and watched as Hachiman walked over up close and walked right through the fire. "Watashi no hōseki.."