More Power to You (Eighteen)

Start from the beginning

He turned down the rock music playing on the stereo because he thought he heard a knock on his front door. Tommy left his bedroom and walked to the front door to squint in the peephole. He saw a man who didn't look at all familiar to him. After he asked who it was, the man stated his name while holding a badge up to the peephole.

"I don't speak to police. I've got nothing to say."

"Open the door, Mr. Jacobson. This is very important. I need to ask you some questions."

"Go away, man." Tommy nervously ran a hand through his hair.

The detective clenched his teeth while resisting the urge to kick the door in. "If you don't open this door right now, I will open it myself. I have my own methods. You care to witness them?"

Two seconds later the door opened and the detective scanned Tommy Jacobson from head to toe. Standing at just a few inches over five feet, he was on the lean side in a well worn Star Trek T-shirt, a pair of chocolate brown pants, sporting black rimmed glasses, and dark curly hair in need of a trim. Some women might describe him as being cute in a teddy bear and nerdy sort of way, but within his head, Victor had nicknamed him runt. If tossed into prison, he would be some guy's bitch in five point six seconds. Imagining the scene, he barely swallowed a smirk.

Detective Gibson smiled at Tommy as he walked inside. The younger man nervously smiled back, while the detective got the impression that if pressed enough, unlike Potter, this man would sing like a canary. Shutting the door, he asked Tommy if he knew Piper Redding.

Victor instantly noticed a touch of fear in the man's eyes. "No...no, man. I don't know her. I mean, she used to go to my high school, but that's it." Tommy tugged on an ear that had a gold plated earring attached. The detective noticing, reckoned that it was probably a nervous habit.

"Is that so? The two of you weren't friends?"

"No. Not really."

Detective Gibson frowned. "What do you mean not really?"

"I mean, I knew her, but I didn't know her. You know?" Tommy took another tug on his ear. "We were more like acquaintances."  

The detective raised both eyebrows. "Ah. So you don't know where she is?"

Tommy shook his head. "I don't have any idea, man." The detective stared at him, so he continued with, "If I did, I'd absolutely tell you."

"Oh, you will. Not a doubt in my mind that you will, Mr. Jacobson." Swiftly advancing, he snatched the earring out of his ear, causing Tommy to cry out in pain. By ripping the earring out so forcibly, the detective had caused his earlobe to split. Victor grabbed Tommy around the neck, slamming the man's head up against a wall. Tommy soon discovered that his feet weren't touching the ground any longer.

Fury showed in blue eyes as Victor sent the scared man a glare. "You better tell me what you know right now before I make you regret the day your sorry little ass was born. Do you understand me?" He tightened his grip on Tommy's neck.

Struggling for breath, Tommy nodded profusely. The detective nodded in return putting the man back down on his own two feet. Rubbing a reddened neck, he hesitantly peered up at the man responsible for the warm wetness beginning to stain the material of his pants near his crotch. "What do you wanna know?" he hoarsely inquired.

"Did she take anyone hostage?"

Although regrettably, Tommy nodded.

"Who?" Victor growled, quite low on patience.

Tommy swallowed, offering a silent apology to Piper and Taj before replying, "Desiree Love, that judge's daughter."

The detective could not help it. The brightest smile bloomed upon his face. Gotcha Piper. "Do you know where they are?"