2:00 AM

A nearby digital clock buzzes at the 2:00 alarm.

When Sicheng wakes up, his attention is quickly averted to the quiet atmosphere. There's no pouring rain, no crashing hail— just a silent bar. His head is still positioned flat on Yuta's chest, the bartender's heartbeat thrumming softly into his ears.

It makes him smile. He moves his right hand from underneath him to brush back some fringe from his forehead, leaning down to peck a quick kiss to the crown. Yuta stirs softly, but doesn't make an effort to wake up.

Yawning, Sicheng sits upright. The radio isn't far from him, yet somehow, it shut off. He rubs the sleep from his eyes, rising to his feet and going to get a drink. The floor is cold, almost slippery. Sicheng grips a few nearby counters to avoid falling. A pleasant buzz still rings within his head, lighting the lamp in Sicheng's brain just enough to keep him moving. The cord seems to be slipping out of the power outlet, though.

There's a beep from what he assumes to be Yuta's phone. Leaning over lazily, his eyes quickly gaze over the notification.

from: mama
stay inside! i'm looking forward to seeing you again. i hope your treatment has been helping! i'll be there with you to visit him tomorrow. sleep well!

Him? Sicheng tilts his head in confusion. It's a bit wrong to be looking in on someone's messages, but—

Oh god.

When the message clears, Sicheng can't believe what he sees.

The— the lock screen— is a picture of him— yes— Dong Sicheng— posing in what seems to be a high school photo shoot, arms wrapped around Yuta's neck, mouth pressed onto Yuta's lips, and legs being hoisted by Yuta's arms.

His head is too dizzy with shock to actually comprehend what's going on.

When was this...taken? Where was it taken? Why was it—

Just—

Why?

And from there, he can't help himself. Sicheng scrolls frantically through the notifications on the home page, every few messages containing things relating to him and his and who is he?

When—

No. No, no, no— no.

Sicheng's fingerprint. Sicheng's fingerprint is identified and unlocks Yuta's phone.

What is going on?

The home screen is yet another picture of the two of them, this time showcasing them cuddling in what seems to be Yuta's bedroom, as the images framed on the walls are all of him.

He goes frantic. Picture albums, notes, videos, and just everything— of Sicheng and Yuta.

Sicheng, with a hesitant finger, taps the play button on numerous videos.

"Today is Sicheng's birthday," The Yuta in the video speaks. "I got him something really special. Wanted to record his reaction and all, you know."

"It's currently 2:32, October 27th, 2015. He'll be home any minute!"

For some reason, the year rings a bell.

2015.

The year of the accident.

The year his mom passed away.

"Sicheng?" A voice calls, and the light glimmering against the walls illuminates Yuta's frame. "What are you—"

"D-don't come any closer!" Sicheng practically screams, hugging the phone, his only current source of evidence, to his chest. "D-don't you fucking dare come n-near me!"