I had spent half of my baby sitting money (that I made during the summer to save up for a new wardrobe for university) and was pretty angry because :

he didn't even ask me what I wanted and

made me pay for stuff I don't even like (I can't stand Jelly Beans!! Their artificial fruit flavor makes me sick). I still wanted to be a good date and not say anything.

We, luckily just made it on time for the movie. But he couldn't have chosen worse seats. The guy I sat next to strongly smelt of fish paste and cheap cologne. I asked Caleb to switch with me, which turned out to be horrible choice, because the couple that were originally next to Caleb, sounded like they were newly married and wouldn't stop either making out or talking about what they would do when they got home. I'm sorry but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN A SPIDER-MAN MOVIE?!?!?

It wasn't even 20 minutes into the story, and Caleb's cellphone rings. And sadly for everyone in the movie house it wasn't that soft kind of ringtone that you can hardly hear, no there's goes ACDC's Thunderstruck on full volume. Everyone around us became super annoyed. Even the couple next to me came up for air from their (apparently VERY important) make out session just to try and shush Caleb. Realizing it was his mom, Caleb ran outside to take the call.

The movie went on and luckily, I got lost in the characters and the plot and became the geek I am, specially when Gwen Stacy dies. It hit me deep, what can I say?

Afterwards, while walking out, Caleb just couldn't stop apologizing for his phone. His younger brother (who's also visiting), had tried to sabotage our date. He knew we where going to the movies, so he stole his C's phone, changed the ringtone and phoned, using his moms cell. We both burst out laughing because I don't know why, but I genuinely found that hilarious. Plus, it broke the awkward silence and before I knew it we were at the café, laughing at how I had started crying when my parents secretly hired a clown for my 6th birthday party.

"I attempted to throw my birthday cake at him, but as I lifted it, I fell backwards and as you can imagine had the entire cake all over me." Looking back, it is pretty funny now. It felt really good to laugh at it with Caleb. Once the nervous feelings pass, he's just really easy to talk to.

We get into the café, still laughing. As I look forward, it's my worst nightmare come true. There are Sabrina and Zac, on a date, at my favorite place to eat. You have got to be kidding me. Okay maybe it's not so bad. I'm now actually having a good time with Caleb, Sabrina looks like she has Zac a little too preoccupied to notice me (her cleavage from that dress, just screams slut), and my be our table won't be anywhere near theirs...

"Sarah? Sarah. The waiter asked if that booth is okay?"

Hmm? Yeah sure, it's cool" I don't even know where he's talking about. As the waiter guides is to the booth, I realize that we're in full view of Sabrina and Zac, and vice versa. Great we can watch them be all romantic, or I will anyway. My date on the other hand knows nothing.

"So can I get you your drinks so long." Our waiter, Harry kindly asks us.

"Um yeah. I'll have the Pepsi please, you Sarah??"

"Can I have the Mixed Berry Fruit Juice. Thanks."

Our waiter leaves and Caleb tries to start the conversation again.

"Wow, I see I've got a health freak on my hands." He says, playfully.

"Haha, no. My dad, older sister and I use to come her a lot when I was younger and that was my favorite drink. So I thought I'd try it again."

We carry on chatting until our drinks arrive. Or rather Caleb does. He just goes on and on about the music he's into and how he can sit for hours watching CSI. I haven't gotten a word in. We decide to order an ice-cream Sundae (we were still pretty full from the meal at the movies).