Chapter 8

You sighed as you sat in the large conference room listening to Tony and Agent Shaw drawl on and on about the rules and regulations in the facility.

Pietro was not allowed to run inside, even though you doubted he will listen to that. Who would stop him? Who would be able to stop him? No one. Except you.

Wanda was just put on duty to make sure that Pietro doesn't step out of line. Rocket was not allowed anywhere near the agents with prosthetics, after Peter filled Tony in on his tendency to take them.

And after you nagging Tony to fire proof the facility and basically Groot proof everything, he made a special point about it in thr meeting.

"So basically, we just don't want you to do anything that will set the facility on fire, blow it up or anything that will get yourselfs or anyone else killed. However, apparently, there's something here that matters more." Tony said, rolling his eyes at you and you just sat there and smiled innocently.

You stood up and walked to where Tony was, large clipboard and paper waiting on a blank page. Everyone looked at you with confusion as you proudly faced them.

You dramatically flipped the page and revealed the word "DYING".

"Yes, I would like to talk about dying. Of course we'd like to prevent any deaths, since dying would be extremely horrible and we don't want to be sued. BUT, theres only one thing worse than dying."

You proceeded to rip an extra piece of paper covering 'GROOT'. "Boom."

Drax gasped, "Groot."

"No."

The room was silent for awhile.

"So let me get this straight. Groot dying is worse than any of us dying?" Wade asked, salty that he was not first priority.

"I mean...he's a baby." You said.

"And we're your babies." Pietro said, smirking.

"Okay I'm creeped out now." You said.

"Yeah same...anyway that's that. So get on with it and unpack your stuff. We start lessons tomorrow." Tony said, preparing to walk out.

"Wait, lessons?! Uh, I think NOT." Peter said, absolutely bewildered. "I don't wanna be schooled, we got dragged here, we aren't a part of this."

"Yes, you are as long as you all are here. You guys are definitely not from here so in order you guys not to break society, I need to teach you how it works here in America." You said, surprisingly calm.

"I'm not too proud of the America today...what with the type of president and people are running the government." Steve muttered.

"Screw the government, I say!" Wade yelled.

You shook your head. "Okay okay, politics is a dangerous topic to talk about so we'll stop right there. Soo...yeah, go unpack and THIS TIME I promise we'll go out to dinner."

"MEXICAN FOOD!" Wade yelled.

"We have to all agree, Pooldead." Tony crossed his arms.

"It's Deadpool. Deaaaaaaadpooooooooool."

Tony stood silent for awhile. Then looked at you. "Gotta be honest, I could use a taco right now."

"Taco Bell?" Pietro asked.

"I am offended and I'm not even Mexican." Wade said, one hand resting over his heart.

You laughed. "Those may be tacos but not 'real' tacos. I think Wade means we shoulf go get actual Mexican food. I'm down."

Wanda nodded. "Sure, why not."

Everyone else agreed.

"Whaaaaat the shiit? You people listen and agree with me for once???? I feel special." Wade said.

"So is the meeting over?" Gamora asked, just plainly ready to leave.

"Yes, I release you." You said.

As soon as you said that, all of the guardians, except Groot, left the room in a rush, no doubt happy to leave the crowded room.

You noticed that Groot was just asleep on the table. "Awww, I'll carry him."

"But I want to carry him." Pietro said.

"No"

"Yes."

"No."

"We are not fighting for custody over him." Pietro glared.

"Oh my god, neither of you are responsible for holding him if you're fighting." Steve said, gently taking Groot off the table and cradling him on his arm. "So I'm taking him to Gamora and that's that." He then left the room.

You and Pietro glared at each other.

"I am the alpha." You said.

"Try me, sweet cheeks." Pietro challenged.

You laughed. "I hope you know how to sleep with one eye open."

"I can pass some nights without sleep. It's you who should be worried." Pietro smirked further.

"I am confusion, is he fighting or flirting? I'm not sure if I'm feeling rivalry or sexual tension." Wade whispered to Agent Shaw.

"Maybe sexual tension on his part. Murder on hers." Agent Shaw replied.

"Alright, Pietro, that's enough. Go to your room and unpack and be respectful to her." Wanda said, pushing him toward the door.

"Okay fine, but before I do.." He quickly zipped to you and took your gun from your belt.

"Hey! That's mine you little shit!" You yelled.

"Aw, you didn't see the coming?" Pietro laughed.

When you took one step forward toward him, he zipped out of the room. There was no way you'd be able to catch him. Not even on a segway.

"I apologize on behalf of my brother, Agent (y/n). I will speak with him." Wanda said and then walked out.

Agent Shaw chuckled as he pat you back in a friendly manner. "You are screwed."

You shook your head. "Oh no. Pietro is." You then took out your phone. There was someone you needed to call...