He paused, searching my face for any negative reactions. When I smiled, his body relaxed.

His eyes flitted back to the screen but by the faint smile on his face, I knew his attention was elsewhere, "It's definitely miraculous though, how you've managed to blend so well with us within.. what a month?"

A month? Has it really been so long?

"What day is it?"

Isaac pressed the home button of his phone and it unlocked, displaying an array of notifications.

"The 12th," He murmured, after replying to a few messages.

My stomach instantly fell. I felt immediately dizzy.

It was the twelfth. My mother's death anniversary. Her tenth anniversary.

"Why?"

I ignored Isaac's question and tried my best to focus on the screen before me, despite my burning chest.

Surely the 12th of August was a regular day for the rest of Celayise. Of course, they'd remember sooner in the day and all gather at the town at nightfall to partake in the ritual, but they would never truly feel the pain of the day. They felt the loss of the Queen, I felt the loss of my mother-my best friend.

I decided to avert the attention, "So since you're such a huge Harry Potter fan-"

"I surely am. And supernatural and Game of Thrones and Shameless and Breaking Bad-"

"You sure do watch a lot of shows." I giggled, interrupting Isaac's long list.

He nodded, looking especially pleased with himself.

"So what do you find yourself watching a lot?"

His eyes flitted in my direction and his faint smile deepened into a mischievous smirk," Oh! My favourite! Pornhub!"

At the sight of my eyes widening and my possible reddening cheeks, Isaac burst into laughter.

"I knew that'd get you squirmish. For quite a lipsy princess, you're quite innocent."

I shoved his arm playfully, "I'm not lipsy! I've only kissed two guys! Josiah and Graham. Only two guys!"

Isaac cleared his throat, "So far."

I quirked an eyebrow at his comment, "What?"

He smiled his dazzling smile, his pearly whites, and dimples distracting me.

Anyone who didn't know Isaac would have mistaken this smile for an innocent adorable one, but I knew Isaac was trying to throw me off his trail.

"Don't smile at me like that," I snapped, "What do you mean by so far?"

He shrugged, his lips forming a thin line.

I rolled my eyes,"If you were referring to you-"

He interrupted me by shooting up and watching me with wide eyes and a dropped jaw, "Okay one, I'm flattered but I only have eyes for Shaniah love.

"Two, I just called you my sister for Christ's sake! Why would I be referring to me?"

I nodded, feeling immediately stupid that I was quick to assume what he was insinuating, "Sorry."

He shrugged, settling back into the couch once more, "It's okay. No harm was done."

"You're not going to elaborate on who or what you were referring to are you?"

"Nope."

"You're irritating."

"But I'm irritatingly cute." He winked and I shook my head at the mischievous boy.