Page 1

As per usual I woke up shuttering my eyes, groggily sitting up from my bed, not like the beds from before, but this will have to do…
I kept my eyes shut, not wanting to do anything other than to rest my head ontop of my pillow, enjoy some more sleep and the safety of it too, albeit a false sense of safety I can melt to….

A beep of buttons can be heard, then a loud knocking outside my bedroom door has taken my attention from my thoughts and into the source of the noise. There is only one person with the access code apart from myself that can enter my apartment and have the decency to not barge into my bedroom unexpectedly.

"Wilfrid open the door!" A loud male voice is demanding my attention and bringing me to reality, leaving my loopy thoughts behind. There is only one person this could be….

"What is it Logan?" I raised my voice so my best friend can hear my question. My muscle memory is forcing me to get up from bed while my mind wants nothing more then rest, leaving me into a dilemma of what I should do versus what would be nice to do….

The knocking on my door became much louder and faster. Logan obviously growing more impatient that he didn't get a response, well he did, he just couldn't hear me, but that didn't stop him relentlessly pounding my door with his hands.

I immediately got up from the my bed and lazily walked over to the door, then pressed a button which opened the door, revealing a man-like figure in front of me. As I predicted, it is Logan, he was tapping his feet impatiently and crossed his arms, his curly red hair was a little neater today then usual, apart from a strand that falls below his eyebrow….

"Well, good morning to you Wilfrid, we have jobs to do in case you forgot, assigned by the Headwatch"
Logan sounded almost mad at me. Oh right he has every reason too, the Headwatch has assigned everyone that has turned eighteen to apply to a specialised permanent job in the Sanctuary where we will be doing tasks that would suit us best. I and Logan have applied to the security branch called "Militarum Protectorate" and, we were meant to do it together.

I jumped at the realisation today is the day where we would be taking part in our future "jobs". Logan couldn't help but transition into a laughing fit when he seen my reaction.

"Well we better go then, I do not want to be late!" I exclaimed. I do not want to be late at this course and I don't think the Headwatch would be happy with me.

Logan placed his hand on my shoulder keeping me in place, then took a step back and looked up and down at me.

"I see you are dressed and dressed into the same clothes as yesterday it seems" he quirked up an eyebrow while looking at me, wanting an explanation, but Logan could tell I fell asleep in them and didn't bother getting changed, before I could reply he continued on
"Anyways, those clothes you are wearing are good enough, come on now, we have to get breakfast first before we do anything else later on today"

I immediately put on some runners that were outside my door, feeling the air from these refined shoes refresh and ventilate my feet after each step. I walked across my apartment to the exit door, I pressed a button and the door slided into the walls for Logan, hissing as it moved.

"Thank you, you're such a gentleman" Logan said, smirking at me as he left my apartment. I followed soon after him and pressed the lock button which closed my apartment door and a sealing came over the access panel.
I walked side to side with Logan to the Cafeteria.

"Of course I am such a gentleman, my motto is ladies first" I smiled triumphantly at Logan, while Logan only could think of a counter, but none came to his mind it seems. Anyways, with this new opportunity I should probably say something about his clothes, he said something about mine, so fair is fair!
"Oh, look we have Logan from three years ago, Logan from two years ago and Logan from one year ago with me today, point is you don't change your style at all, always basically the same type of clothing" I now had a grin on my face, satisfied with my rant while Logan could only faintly groan at me mocking his simple style of just wearing a grey suite of clothes that has blue optic strips weaving across his clothes, the seams going unnoticed.