chapter 1

"Five days. It's been five days since I mailed the letter!" long blonde hair was bouncing around behind a young pair of shoulders while she eagerly paced the floor. "What if they forgot, what-what if someone stole it? What if it was supposed to get sent out and it was just left somewhere... like on a desk or in a post office!" She clutched the side of her head with her long limber arms. "What if they addressed it wrong?!"

She paused in her current state of panic as she heard a knock at the door.

Her heart practically lept out of her chest. They never got visiters as most people living in the middle of nowhere didn't and that could only mean one thing. "It here!" She squeeled, her rosy cheeks and bluish-green eyes filling with a kind of happiness found in a kid in a candy store. "It's here, it's here, it's here!" She ran down the dark cherry wood practically gliding down the steps as fast as her legs would take her, running past painting upon painting of skies and seas which were hung upon a cream colored wall which seemed to glow in the light cast by the large window above the door. She unlocked the door with ease and cleared her throat putting up a professional composure before opening the door.

"Here you go mi-"

"Thank-you-sir-have-a-nice-day." She rushed yanking the letter from his hand and slamming the door in his face. She ripped the letter open and unfolded the neatly package parchment quite unceremoniously and read aloud:

To Whom it May Concern,

Thank you for submitting an application to the Acedemy of the Gifted and Talented. We have reviewed your application and it has met and gone above and beyond our qualifications. We would like to formally invite you to attend our school. Attached are directions and the date of your deparcher as well as items you will need and paperwork that must be submitted upon arrival. We are looking foreword to having you join us this next school year.

Headmaster Tremaine

She was frozen in shock for a moment as her mind could not quite wrap her head around the idea that she was actually going to get to go to this school. And then the inevitable came.

"I can't believe it!" She screamed so loud that it could almost shatter glass. Almost.