Chapter 8 - The buddy project

En başından başla

Did he just call me his flower? Well then, I will have to find a nickname for him then. I fell asleep thinking of nick names to call Ryder.

*timeskip because I am lazy*

I wake up, it's Saturday. *groan* "it's too frickin' early!" I get up and take a shower. After I dry myself off and brush my teeth, I get dressed in a thin black long-sleeved shirt, black skinny jeans, my leather jacket, and my black and white converse. I lightly curl my hair and apply a bit of mascara, eye liner, and lip gloss.

I grab my keys to my baby, an apple, my phone, and earbuds. I turned on the tv to look at the weather forecast. Want to make sure it doesn't rain. I finish the apple and throw it the trash, I head to the garage and jump on my baby. I start her up and head to Ryder's house.

When I arrive outside the gates I text Ryder saying I'm here

When I arrive outside the gates I text Ryder saying I'm here. The gates open scaring the fudge out of me. and I drive in and park next to the front porch. "Violet!!" I hear Ryder shout. I look his way. He didn't know if it was me because of my helmet, but he could probably just tell.

Ryder's wearing casual clothes. A grey t-shirt, some black jeans, and black converse. 'Well damn! He looks like a snack! Myself, that's weird, stop.' I shake my head at my thoughts and hop off my baby.

I jog over to Ryder and take off my helmet. I didn't have my hood on since I was wearing the helmet, but I won't put it on since they already know about my hair. "Hey Ryder!" I greet him. "Let's head inside. Alex and Taryleen are working on their project and so are Ryan and Brooklyn." Brooklyn is a nice girl. She what most people would label as a 'nerd'. "Alright, let's head in!"

I put on my hood and sunglasses on as we head inside. I see Brooklyn and Ryan. I want to surprise her so when I'm in her view I take off my hood and sunglasses. She gasps and covers her mouth. Maybe it's just shock. I walk with Ryder up to his room so we can work on the project.

"What question did we leave off of again?" Ryder asks. "Family." I answer. It must have clicked in his head because he nodded and asked the next question. "What were your partners past hobbies or talents?" 'Shiz!' Ryder must have noticed my discomfort, "I'll go first. Let's see....when I was younger, around 4, I played the piano until I was 15. I stopped and started to play sports." 'He used to play piano? I wonder if I could hear him?' "Hey Ryder, do you mind playing something for me, o-of course only if you want to. You don't have to if you don't want to!" He chuckles. "I'll play you something, my dear flower."

Ryder guides us to a room at the end of the hall. He opens the door and inside is a beautiful grand piano. He sits down and gestures for me to sit next to him, of course I sit. He starts to play a song called "Liebestraum". I close my eyes and listen to him play. It truly was beautiful.

He finished the song and I clapped. He just blushed and I laughed at his expression. "How was I?" He asked. "You were great!" I said to him. "Wait it's my turn now. When I was 3 I started playing the violin. I continued until I was 13, my teacher had died in an accident. During those 10 years I also did gymnastics. I stopped because I was too depressed about my teachers sudden passing." He just stares at me. "Maybe sometime we could play a duet." He says. That's actually not a bad idea.

We finish the rest of the question and begin to work on our slides. Little did I know Monday was going to be very hectic.

Extra:

"Right! Hey Ryder!" I shout. He turns and raises his eyebrow to show he's listening. "I came up with a nickname for you last night!" I say feeling very giddy. "Oh really~" he mocks. "What is is?" I snicker. "Ok don't kill me, but it's..." I can't hold my laugh in anymore. I laugh for about 3 minutes straight when I stop to catch my breath. Ryder looks super confused. "Sorry! Anyway, it's..pff....Ry-Ry!!!" I start cracking up again while he scrunches his nose from the nickname. I start crying from the laughter. Soon enough he starts to join as well.

———————————-————————————
Wassup little chicken nuggets! Next chapter is going to be on Monday (in the story) so be prepared. Some new characters are going to be introduced! Rn I'm just finishing this chapter up. I'm super tired, but I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't finish this chapter. Lol! It's 12:34 am. Anyway, bye!!! See ya next chapter!! 😅😴 (1527 words)