New Team Member

Steve's POV
After a couple of weeks, I'm allowed to return home, but Governor Sam Denning asked me to rest for a couple of days. At first I was kinda mad because I need to find this 'King' but I thought for a while that resting would be for the best. I need to be at my A game if I want to find and catch this 'King'.

(Few days later)
Finally.... I'm allowed to come back to work. Governor Denning told me to meet him at his office. I wonder what is it about.

*knock* *knock*
"Come in." Governor said. "You wanted to see me?" "Yes, come sit please." "So, what did you want to talk about?" "Well, today I brought in a new team member, she will be working with you and Detective Williams. Just until we finish this 'King' case." "I'm sorry, did you just say 'she'?" "Yes, indeed. Tell her to come in please." I was very curious who might she be. She walked through the door... And I couldn't believe my eyes. How is she back in Hawaii? A lot of questions ran through my head. "Hi." She said. "So, Lieutenant Rollins will be working with you for a while." Governor said. I was really shocked, like I mean, REALLY shocked. I don't know if I can work with her that well, I mean, will it be akward or what? Well, I hope it won't be akward.

So after we went back to the palace, we tried to get off of everything we could get from this guy. We know that it is related to my kidnapping incident a couple while back. "So Steve, anything you could remember to identify this guy?" Chin asked. "Well, I think his about 5'6 and about 170 pounds. He got an accent, Russian I think. Don't really know." I said. "Okay.... so I found some matches matching those description." Kono said. "Andrei Petrov, he got arrested for arms dealing a couple years back, nothing much. Kolya Volkov, he got arrested for human trafficking and he is still in prison. Last, we got Abram Koslov, he's a suspect in about 3 homicides and about 5 kidnapping cases, but he never got arrested." She continued. "So where does this Abram Koslov live?" I asked. "In the graveyard." Kono said. Everyone looked confused. "Wh-what do you mean in the graveyard?" Danny asked. "Well, it said here that he died couple months ago. But no one knows how and they never recovered his body." She said. I was confused, like majorly confused. I mean how??? "You sure he's dead?" I ask. "I mean we looked into it." Jerry replied.

Couple hours later
"Guys!" Chin yelled. "I think Jerry got something." He continued. "So I was looking through security cams and stuff and I found this." Jerry said. "This man has the same build as Abram Koslov. His travelling under an alias, Richard Dale." He contiued. "Where?" I asked. "Outside of Hilton Waikiki Beach. And he is travelling alone." Jerry answered. "Ok, we will check it out. Thanks Jer." I said.

Hilton Waikiki Beach
We found him at the check in counter. "Richard Dale?" I asked. He turn around and faced me, almost immediately he ran away. Luckily, Danny and Catherine had covered the other exit, and we caught him.

So after we interogated him, he strangely confessed, so we book him and send him to prison.

In the palace
*knock* *knock*
"Come in." I said. Then she walked in. "So Abram Koslov is in prison." Catherine said. "Okay, that's good." I said. *long pause* "So Steve, how is it going?" "Well normal, I guess." "What about Lynn?" "Oh her? Pshh, she turned out to be Koslov's girl." "Oh." "So.... when will you be back to the Navy?" I changed the subject. "Ummm, I was thinking that maybe I can stay here a little while longer. I asked Governor Denning, and he told me to ask you." "Well, I-i guess that's fine." "Cool, so I was hoping that we could catch up again with each other sometime." "Yeah sure. I'm free tonight, so how about tonight?" "Sure. What time?" "7 pm at Tropics Bar & Grill?" "I'll be there then." Okayyy, so did I just agreed to go on a date with her? No, no, no, no I'm sure it's just to catch up with each other, pftt it's not a date.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Catherine's POV
OMG, did I just asked him out? Nooo, like I said I'm sure it's just to catch up with an old friend that's all. 'But, he's single now' UGHHH, stop thinking about him Cath. Just focus on your plans tonight, I thought. It's 5 pm now, I better get ready.
6.45 pm
So after getting ready, I went to the Bar. It's not really far from my apartement so it was a short drive. When I arrived (I used a cab), Steve was also pulling up into the parking lot. "Hey Cath, uhh, you look great." I was suprised he called me by my nickname. But I just answered "Uhh, thanks, you clean up nice too." So we just talked and laughed all night, it was really fun, it's good to hang out with an old friend.
10 pm
"It's late, I should head home." I said, and called a cab. "Hey, let me drive you home." Steve said. "Uhh.... sure."
Outside my apartement
"Thanks for the ride Steve." I said. "Anytime." "And Cath?" "Yeah?" I replied. "It was nice hanging out with, I had so much fun tonight." He said. "Me too." I smiled and walked to my door. "See you on Monday?" He asked. "Sure." I walked in my apartement and thought 'OMG, he just said that he loves spending time with me!!!' *taking a deep breath* Calm down Cath. I said to myself.

So thanks for reading this chapter. Sooooo sorry for the long wait. I've been so busy for school, and I am having my final exams until Friday.
Leave me a message or comment if you have any suggestion for this book.

Vote for next chapter