The Big Bang ~ "Swappable head?"

Start from the beginning

When we reach the roof we see that it's morning. "What, it's morning already? How did that happen?" Amy asks as she an Rory finally catch up with us.
"History is shrinking. Is anybody listening to me?" The Doctor asks exasperatedly.
"I am!" I pipe as I stand beside the Doctor helping him to get the satellite receiver dish off of the pole. "Guys, just all you need to know is the universe is collapsing. We don't have much time left." I tell them as the Doctor takes it off he runs over to the wall and jumps up onto it as I copy him.
"What are you doing?" Rory asks sceptically.
"Looking for the Tardis." I reply simply, staring into the 'sun'.
"But the Tardis exploded." Rory disputes.
"Okay then, we're looking for an exploding Tardis." The Doctor corrects me.
"I don't understand. So, the Tardis blew up and took the universe with it. But why would it do that? How?" Amy asks.
"Good question for another day. The question for now is, total event collapse means that every star in the universe never happened." The Doctor says.
"Not one single one of them ever shone. So, if all the stars that ever were are gone, then what is that?" I ask rhetorically, pointing to the sun.
"Like I said, we're looking for an exploding Tardis." The Doctor looks to me smiling that is until a sharp pain comes to the pit of my stomach and I lose balance the Doctor having to keep me from falling off the edge of the wall. He helps me down off of the wall, holding me up until he gets me seated down my back to the wall. "Just breathe, it won't be long." The Doctor promises me.
"What's wrong with her?" Rory asks as he crouches down beside me.
"I just need a moment to collect my strength, I'm running out of energy with the Tardis exploded in the sky." I explain to Rory. "I'm fine, just need to breathe." I explain, he nods, unsure, but turns to the Doctor.
"But that's the sun."
"Is it? Well, here's the noise that sun is making right now." The Doctor says sonicing the satellite. The sound of the Tardis is plain and I feel very sad all of a sudden.
"That's out Tardis burning up." I say to the Doctor, not really realising I'd said 'our'. "That's what's been keeping the Earth warm." I continue.
"There's something else." Rory says. "There's a voice." I strain my ears to hear but am unsuccessful.
"I can't hear anything." Amy replies.
"Trust the plastic." Rory tells her as the Doctor amplifies the sound and I hear it.
"I'm sorry, my loves." Is repeated constantly.
"Doctor, that's River." I tell him.
"How can she be up there?" Amy asks.
"It must be like a recording or something." Rory suggests incorrectly.
"No, it's not. Of course, the emergency protocols." The Doctor turns to look down at me to see if I'm following.
"The Tardis has sealed off the control room and put her into a time loop to save her. She is right at the heart of the explosion." I say carry on, proving that I understand. I stand up feeling more lively now having regained some energy and grab onto the Doctor's arm as zaps us to the Tardis. The next thing I know, the Doctor and I are on the Tardis and I feel a wave of energy burst through me as the two of us lean against the door seeing River run towards us. "Hi sweetie, we're home." I grin at my friend as she looks to her watch getting over her initial shock.
"And what sort of time do you call this?" She asks as I run up to her and hug her tightly, bursting with energy.
"We need to get out of here." The Doctor says.
"Will it hurt again?" I ask looking back at him, suddenly scared remembering the pain I felt when the Tardis exploded.
"No, we're just exiting a time loop." He assures me as I loop my arm in his River's hand in mine as we teleport back to the roof.

"Amy! And the plastic Centurion?" River asks as we land back on the roof.
"It's okay, he's on our side." I tell River.
"Really?" She asks, not too sure of his presence.
"Yep."
"I dated a Nestene duplicate once. Swappable head. It did keep things fresh." River states and I look to Rory disturbed slightly.
"Swappable head?" He simply nods at my questioning and I from in acceptance as River continues to babble.
"Right then, I have questions, but number one is this. What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?" River asks turning to the Doctor.
"It's a fez." I say simply.
"I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool." The Doctor continues smiling at the four of us, the only response that the two of us get is Amy ripping the fez off of his head tossing it in the air and River shooting it.
"But I liked the fez." I pout.
"You two are perfect for each other." River sighs shaking her head, which causes me to smile but then that awful sound once again interrupts us as a Dalek flies up from behind the wall of the roof calling, as always: "Exterminate!"
"Run, run! Move, move. Go!" The Doctor uses the dish to shield himself and me as we back away to the ladder leading down from the roof.
"Doctor, Kenzie, come on." River says.
"Shush. It's moving away, finding another way in. It needs to restore its power before it can attack again. Now, that means we've got exactly four and a half minutes before it's at lethal capacity." He says climbing down after me.
"How do you know?" Rory asks.
"Because that's when it's due to kill him." I tell her as we all begin to run down the stairs.
"Kill him? What do you mean, kill him?" River asks from behind me.
"Oh, shut up. Never mind. How can that Dalek even exist? It was erased from time and then it came back." The Doctor says. "How?"
"It's not a light, it's a restoration field. But never mind, call it a light. That light brought Amy and Mackenzie back, restored them, but how could it bring back a Dalek when the Daleks have never existed?" The Doctor asks, once again, and as always, rhetorically.
"Okay, tell us." Amy says.
"When the Tardis blew up, it caused a total event collapse. A time explosion. And that explosion blasted every atom in every moment of the universe. Except-" Amy cuts the Doctor off.
"Except inside the Pandorica."
"The perfect prison. And inside it, perfectly preserved, a few billion atoms of the universe as it was. In theory, you could extrapolate the whole universe from a single one of them, like, like cloning a body from a single cell. And we've got the bumper family pack." I say excitedly, practically bouncing up and down, exhilarated by the adventure and the new energy in my body from the being back on the Tardis for those few seconds.
"No, no. Too fast. I'm not getting it." Rory says.
"The box contains a memory of the universe, and the light transmits the memory, and that's how we're going to do it." I simplify for him.
"Do what?" Amy questions.
"Relight the fire. Reboot the universe. Come on!" The Doctor says, running ahead again.