Chapter Six

Hey guys! This chapter is going to be a little on the long side... I think. It's gonna contain a three monologues, Max's, Z's, and Luke's. I hope you guys like it!

Max's POV

The next morning I woke up next to Luke, who didn't have a shirt on, damn did he have abs, he let me have the covers, so I am seeing ALL of him in the dim lighting of his night light. I found it cute that he has a night light in his room, he said he has it so that his friends can see if they go to the bathroom at night, but I think he's secretly scared of the dark and that makes me chuckled a little, I mean, I'm not making fun of him I just find it cute. I looked at the clock, it was 5 o'clock. I sighed and got up, walking out of his room and into the bathroom. I went pee and then looked into the mirror. Ugh why did I have to be so ugly? I looked at my self for a second and then went back into Luke's bedroom and laid back next to him. 

Today we are doing our one minute monologues, and I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I'm doing something that I have written myself, and I'm ready. I laid there until his alarm clock went off and I quietly closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping. He sighed and reached over top me, since I was on the side of the bed where the alarm clock was. He sighed again and got off me, his arm still over me, "time to wake up and face another day at school Maximus." I groaned and opened my eyes and looked over at him, "why good morning beautiful." 

I smiled, "morning," I said, getting up, grabbing my bag and headed to the bathroom. When I came back he was slipping on his pants, looking at me while he buttoned and zipped them.

"Why all black?" He asked, looking at me head to toe.

"It's for my monologue, that is today, remember?" I asked. He nodded and put his shirt on.

"Well, let's go," he said, grabbing his keys and a jacket, walking me out to his car and opening the door for me. I got in, sitting down in his leather seats, it was warm because his car already started. I guess his mom started it. I looked at his dash board and I loved it, he had a touch screen radio thing and it was really cool. He got in and started his car, pulling out of the driveway.

We got to school and we both went to each others locker, going to mine because it was closer to where we came in. We went to our first hour and saw Z sitting where she usually sat on her phone, a small duffle bag and it looked like a dress in one of those dress bag things next to her. I sat down and she looked at me, "ready to perform?"

"Yeah, I guess so, what's in the bag?" I asked.

"My costume," she said. The bell rang and Mrs. Carson came in from the hall.

"Good morning class, today we are doing one minute monologues and I will drawing names from a this hat," she said, grabbing a top hat from the floor and put it on her desk and drew a name, "Max, you will be going first. Lets go down to the auditorium " Great... I am doing first... Ugh. We made our way to the auditorium and Mrs. Carson told me I could get on stage and get ready.

"How long do I have to get ready?" I asked.

"Five," she said. "Alright class, remember what I said," she said, sitting down in one of the chairs, "be loud enough for the person in the very back row would be able to hear you." Around five minutes later and she looked at me. 

I nodded, took a deep breath, and started:

"I was young, around 8," I paused, looking around, then I looked down at the floor, "I don't know when exactly it started, but when it did, it hurt." I put my arms over my stomach. "One moment I was laughing and playing," I smiled a bit, then my face went blink, "the next... crying. I haven't truly laughed or smiled since then, it's all fake now." I looked down, "people say that they love my laugh, and I have a beautiful smile, but no one realizes all the hours I spent in front of that mirror at home practicing that simple smile that once came so nationally. People also say I have pretty, blue eyes. But they don't know that all they are now are contests, since I have cried all the color out a long time ago." I looked at my wrists, "I try to hide the scars on my wrists, but sometimes I get hot and forget about them... and when people ask, I just laugh it off and say my cat is evil... But..." I said, dropping my arms, "I don't have a cat... There are times that I want to end it all, and I didn't realize how easy it was... You see," I said, looking up and locked eyes with Luke for a second and then had to look away, "death is so much easier then life. When you're dead, you don't have to deal with people calling you names," I said, looking down, "or you don't have to get yelled at for not eating. I never realized how easy it is to die... I mean, there's a rope in the closet," I said, looking up and putting a arm out to the left wing, "I could use that. Or the bridge down the street, I could jump into the cold fall water." I looked at each pair of eyes then dropped my eyes to the ground, "did you ever realize how easy it was... to die?" I waited a second  still looking down at the ground, "scene."

It was quiet for a second, I looked up and everyone was staring at me, someone snuffled and then everyone clapped. I got off stage and sat next to Luke. He grabbed my arm and pulled my sleeve up, not seeing anything because I have stopped cutting there a long time ago. He looked at me with concerned eyes, but he didn't say anything. Mrs. Carson pulled another name and called it. It was Z. Z walked up, and up until then I didn't realize what she was wearing... It was a pink big dress, it looked like a princesses dress. She worse white gloves that went up to her elbows. She had a wig on, it was blonde and it was back into a bun and she had a crown on her head. She walked to the middle of the stage. "Are you ready Zoey?" Z nodded. "Alright. You may start."

Z got down on her knees, put her hands together and brought them to her chest, and she started sobbing. It really looked like she was crying... She looked up at us, her face looking like someone was talking to her: "Am I okay?" She asked, shaking her head, "not really." She paused again, looking at nothing, "No, I am not hurt. Well..." she said, looking down. "Only on the inside... Something terribly bad and sad happened. It's the Prince. He's under some sleeping spell. No one knows what to do." She said, then looking up, "Me? How can I help? Kiss him?!" She asked, "I don't even know him... That's not proper at all. I'm not that kind of princess. Yeah, I live in the castle down the street from his but we've never met." She said, looking down again, "I always wanted to meet. I saw him from my castle tower but I never could bring myself to introduce myself." She played with her hands in her lap, "because... I'm ugly." She looked up and sighed, "Oh, yes I am ugly. You're just being nice," she said, pausing. "But look at this nose and this hair! I am not perfect... In any way. Perfectly ugly maybe..." She said. "Scene."

Everyone clapped as soon as she said scene, she stood up, bowed, and walked off the stage and sat where she was. Mrs. Carson was writing and then she drew another name, "Luke, you're up." He nodded and got up, going to the stage, "start whenever you're ready."

Luke looked at me and smiled, I nodded and he started: "I think I've made a big mistake..." he said, "I'm afraid memories are as much my enemy as they are yours. I am remembering something... Something I wanted to forget... I was in a car accident... I was drag racing. Right out there," he said, pointing in the direction of the street outside, "We came up on a curve. I cut the other guy off. There was this truck. Both of us swerved into each other and then the truck hit us..." He stopped  When he started talking again, he sounded angry, "I shouldn't remember.. I can't. I must stop remembering!" He screamed, grabbing his hair and pulling it. "No! Don't remember! Please!" He yelled, shaking his head, "We can't or we'll be trapped here!" He said, taking a couple breaths and putting his arms back down. "Guilt is a form of memory... Why do I have to feel this way? Make it stop..." he said, shaking his head. "I don't seem to be able to do anything. My memories are like a weight on my whole body," he said, crouching down like he was in pain. "They'll destroy me... And trap me here... forever." He paused. "Scene."

~~~

Monologues in order: Bully by Cody R. Schultz/Perfectly Ugly by D. M. Larson/Destroy Me by D. M. Larson