Chapter 2

The sound of my alarm clock startles me. Brightness peeking through the thin blinds that drape over my window. Which by the way don't block cover any sunlight and it's very bright in the room.

I flop my arm over and click all the buttons on my phone to stop the alarm. I needed to wake up but I couldn't find the strength.

Then I remember.

It's the first day of school.

And with that, I find myself already off the bed and running to the bathroom. I do my everyday routine and get ready as I would normally do in just a simple casual outfit. Never was a big fan of overdoing. I stood in front of a standing mirror and I look okay for still being jet lagged. I was still very much exhausted and lacking sleep.

Hopefully, it all goes well.

...

I was already walking down the main hallway with the school map in my hand, constantly looking down at it trying to locate my first class. It was quite confusing but it helped me get around the large campus.

As I searched down the corridor. I felt everyone's eyes on me. And I know, normally they are surprised to always see a foreigner and it's unusual. But I felt awfully uncomfortable. Trying to ignore everyone who was basically striking me with their eyes. My fraught self, scurried through everyone and finally making it to my assigned classroom and taking the first seat I can find.

I'm in my seat patiently waiting for the class to start. Everyone around was talking with each other and the voices layered over to form a ruckus. It got pretty loud.

The first thing I'd thought I would do was just to take out my notebook and write to try and block it out. I'm no literary connoisseur. But when I'm nervous or anxious. Really it just takes me away somewhere else and calms me down.

''Hello'' A voice, a deep voice speaks close to my ear interrupting my thoughts.

I turn to my side to find that the guy sitting next to me was now looking at me with a smile plastered across his face.

''Hi...'' I say

''Are you new here?''

I nod ''Yeah, yeah I am"

''What's your name?''

''Lily'' I politely answer

''Kim Taehyung'' He extends his hands gently taking mine and shaking it.