18. 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗽𝘀

EVERYONE RETURNED TO THE CENTER OF THE CITY. Where it all started. It wasn't a pleasant thought that Eszter had imagined, having to rush to the very spot where Ultron had introduced himself to the enhanced.

     Eszter shoots her hands up, and a wave of energy blasts from her grasp, blasting the robot apart. Steve glances up before looking down at pieces of the robot, impressed by the abilities he's seen so far. Maybe one day, Eszter, Wanda, and Pietro could become part of the Avengers and use their powers far beyond what they are now; the trio can bring so much not only to the Avengers but to the world. Steve wouldn't want to impose, nor would he want to push them-and considering the Maximoffs were never fond of them.

     Stumbling into the old church, Eszter looks around in search of the twins. Upon seeing them, Eszter abandons Steve's side as she rushes over towards her brother and sister as they had finally met up as well.

     "Wanda. Pietro," Eszter sighs in relief.

     The twins turn around and sigh in relief, pulling Eszter into their arms and creating a hug between the three. The gratefulness and a strong sense of relief, Wanda and Pietro were glad to find Eszter fine. Being away from one another was terrifyingly overwhelming; Pietro doesn't like the idea of leaving his sisters' side where he wasn't the one watching them, trusting only himself to watch over the two.

     "Are you okay?" Wanda asks, pulling away to inspect Eszter.

     Chuckling anxiously, Eszter nods. "Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. You guys?"

     "Never been better," Pietro says lightly.

     Last, Natasha enters the church. "What's the drill?"

     "That's the drill," Tony points at the machine implanted into the center of the church. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

     Eszter looks back and glances at the core, the enhanced moves a step back and stares at the contraption. They all circled the core as they stood around it protectively, knowing they'd have to do everything they can to keep Ultron away from the core.

     But outside the church, Ultron floats down into the Avengers' line of sight.

     "Is that the best you can do?"

      Suddenly, Ultron raises his hand as if raising the heard of robots, all appearing from a distance. Running and flying towards the church, Legion bots circled the church and surrounding the Avengers. There were so many. Eszter couldn't count them all; unexpectedly, the enhanced couldn't believe her eyes when nothing but metal surrounded them, leaving the heroes trapped.

     Steve gawks at the metal army, sarcastic. "You had to ask," the hero gives Thor a look.

     "This is the best I can do," Ultron stares between the Avengers, amused. "This is exactly what I wanted-all of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?"

     "Well, like the old man said," Tony glances at Steve. "Together."

     Within a second, a stampede of robots broke into a sprint as they charge towards the church, the heroes brace for a battle.

     Eszter stood closest to the drill as she trains her gaze upon the metal army, bracing herself as she mentally and physically prepares herself; there was no telling what will happen if they don't manage to keep as many robots away from the drill, Eszter didn't want to think about it. It already makes her feel nauseous just thinking about it. Wanda stood on one side, whereas Eszter had the other, protecting the drill from a closer range; they were the sole protectors of the drill, and they would have to protect from high and low. Any stragglers that slip past the Avengers, Wanda, and Eszter will need to stop them.