17. 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱

Start from the beginning

     Eszter looked at Vision expectantly, sticking to Wanda's word as even she remembered feeling indifferent when Ultron's vessel gave off some life. However, Eszter frowns dejectedly, realizing that this time, Vision was different. He wasn't the same destructive humanoid she had thought. Instead, Vision felt more at peace than destructive.

     "Look again."

     "He's not lying," Eszter suddenly says, her eyes nearly squinting as they concentrate on Vision. He turns his attention to the enhanced, connecting to the girl through the Stone. "I can feel his emotions. He's different."

     Clint chuckles sarcastically. "Yeah. Their seal of approval means jack to me," his lips dropped to a firm frown, nearly glaring at the two enhanced.

     "Their powers, the horrors in our heads," Thor began. "Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side . . ." Thor trails.

     "Is it?" Steve wonders, turning back to Vision. "Are you? On our side?"

     Vision ponders. "I don't think it's that simple."

     "Well, it better get simple real soon," Clint retorts.

     "I am on the side of life," Vision clarifies. "Ultron isn't; he will end it all."

     "What's he waiting for?"

     "You."

     Bruce juts his chin. "Where?"

     "Sokovia," Clint answers, catching the Maximoffs' attention. "He's got Nat there, too."

     Stepping forward, Bruce stared back at Vision, skeptical. "If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be . . ."

     "What will you do?" Vision realizes their true motives; had he been against them, Vision would be destroyed. "I'm not what you are and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go."

     Suddenly, Vision surprised everyone when he turns to Thor with Mjolnir in his hand, easily holding the hammer with no struggle. Leaving the Avengers in pure shock, staring between Vision and Thor, unsure what to expect. They waited for a reaction out of Thor, but the man appeared just as surprised like them. However, Eszter wasn't aware of Thor's hammer's tale, and the enhanced was only confused when everyone stared at the interaction. She didn't understand why everyone was so shocked to see Vision handing Thor the hammer, but then again, Eszter doesn't know everything about the Avengers.

     Everyone but the Maximoffs knew that no one but Thor could lift the hammer, not unless they're worthy. Maybe since Vision could carry the hammer, this makes him worthy--hence, making him a trust-worthy person.

     Awkwardly, Thor accepts Mjolnir. "Right," Thor smiles briefly to ease the tension, even though the man was just as uneasy with the situation; however, Thor merely walks away as he pats Tony's shoulder, carrying on his way. "Well done."

     Steve snaps back into order. "Three minutes. Get what you need."

     The groups disperse as they collect their gear and suit up, leaving the three enhanced to stand around mindlessly, unsure of what to do. Eszter didn't necessarily need anything and had she needed anything, and the enhanced is almost certain nothing would suit her. However, Pietro beckoned for Wanda and Eszter to follow him as they found themselves in a small room filled with lockers. Already gearing up, Clint kept to himself, ignoring the three enhanced.

     As Pietro rummages through the lockers, Eszter curiously starts peeling open the doors, inspecting each one; some were empty, and some contained some clothing that was mostly men's, so Eszter would shut them and move along. Eszter opens another locker, and to her surprise, a red leather jacket was discarded in the locker. Taking it out, Eszter holds it out as she examines it, humming softly to herself. It didn't suit her, maybe it was the color, but Eszter knew exactly who it would.