Chapter 2: The Alpha Loves The First Day (Edited and Altered)

*WARNING: This chapter has been dramatically changed from the original story line. Please read the author's note after you finish the chapter! Thank you ^.^*

"You will never guess what happened today!" Cora chimed in suddenly, her small figure appearing beside me almost instantly.

My mood, which had gradually soured over the day, took another nose dive when Cora decided to show up after my 3rd period class. As if my day hadn't already sucked enough, she looked like her first day was going wonderfully, the complete opposite of mine.

The morning had started off rough, with me being late to all 3 of my morning classes because I couldn't figure out where to go and on top of that, my math teacher hated me with a burning passion when I walked in the door 5 minutes after the bell rang.

Apparently he didn't like when a student was late to his class.

And now I was stuck with a ridiculous amount of math homework: 2 worksheet's worth of problems on top of regular book work. Mr. Glattlie (who I was convinced was the devil in a green polo and pressed khaki pants) said that I needed to catch up with the rest of the class, that's why my work load was slightly "larger" then everyone else's.

I knew that I would be pulling my hair out by dinner time.

"What happened?" I asked, shutting my locker.

Cora beamed suddenly as she shoved a piece of paper near my face. I had to back up a step so she wouldn't jab me in the eye thanks to her enthusiastic attitude.

When I took a closer look at the ripped notebook paper, I rolled my eyes.

It was someone's phone number.

"Oh, cool."

"Cool?" She said incredulously, like the very idea of me brushing off the fact that she, once again, got a guy's phone number on the first day of school, was a travesty. "Do you realize who's number this is?"