01. CHAPTER ONE

《 NARRATOR SUNGMI 》

September 16th, 2017

A lady with the dark brown hair, by the name Park Eunsang, stood in front of a one-story house, monitoring and instructing the movers, as they took in her furniture.

She was a day late in moving into her new house, which she got after tirelessly begging her dad, because of her dad's best friend's accident. She did attend the funeral at which pretty much everyone was solemn, but she never got to see the victims.

From today morning, Eunsang had this feeling within her that someone was following her. It might be some paparazzi, considering the fact that her father was a very successful businessman and politician.

But the aura she felt was very much different from that. It was not only annoying and unbearable- which would be the only thing that would have been felt if paparazzi were there- but was also nauseating and eerie.

However, she tried to brush off this sensation, thinking of it as just some paranoia for moving into a new house. Nevertheless, these heebie-jeebies still managed to give her goosebumps.

She turned back as she was conscious of someone's eyes on her back. But there no one there. Their neighborhood was completely silent, other than the sound of movers, as they moved in the furniture.

"Done, ma'am," one mover voiced out, dragging Eunsang out of her thoughts.

"Oh! Okay," Eunsang replied, forcing out a smile.

"Have a good day, ma'am," the mover said, as he and his teammates boarded into the truck.

"You, too."

After the movers left, Eunsang walked into her new house, which is planning to share with her best friend, Oh Yera- who'll be coming back from France two weeks later.

Till this time, the eerie feeling didn't disappear. It remained, increasing more by each passing second. The temperature around her dropped down considerably, and the hairs on her back stood straight. Everything seemed more silent now, without a hint of sound in the air.

The only sound that was heard was of her heels clicking against the marble floor, which soon stopped. Her eyes began to scan all around, trying to find a possible source for this feeling, but she failed tremendously.

Nothing around her seemed out of ordinary, except for the atmosphere. Her body stopped moving, as she felt someone's hand was coming closer to her from the back.

The someone was coming closer and closer to her and the nerves on her back were all on alert mode. Her body stiffened, and her eyes couldn't show any response. The time around her seemed to have stopped.

Just then, a sound of glass falling reverberated throughout the room, scaring Eunsang out of her wits. She jumped and screamed, only to realize afterward that one of her flower vases was broken.

She couldn't find any logical for it falling down, except for the pathetic excuse of maybe the movers might have misplaced it. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't calm her heart down with simply that reason.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Eunsang carried her luggage towards her bedroom and placed it on the blush pink, marble floor horizontally. She began to unpack it, with hopes of removing these unfavourable thoughts away from her head.

After arranging her clothes in her closet, she sat down on her double bed, tired from all the working she did. However, the moment she sat down, the uncanny feeling returned for her.

This time the feeling was stronger than ever. Chills ran down her spine, and sweat trickled down her forehead. Adrenaline rushed through her blood, making her heart beat faster and nerves go more vigilant. The insides of her stomach clutched.

Right then, something caught her eye. Even though that something happened within a spur of a second, it managed to increase her fear hundred times more.

Her eyes widened at the sight of a dark silhouette of someone running by her door. Her heart started to increase its pace of beating, and her body felt numb, enabling for her to make any noise.

The cold aura around her warmed after a couple of seconds, but the fear didn't leave her body. Mustering up all the courage she could, she placed all of her weight on the floor and started walking towards her bedroom door, to see if there was someone outside.

But no one was there. The eerie feeling disappeared, calming down her heart. But the picture of that silhouette didn't disappear from her mind. It kept continuously vibrating in her head.

She scanned her surroundings to search for anything that was out of ordinary, concluding that maybe a robber came in and trying her best to block out any superstitious thought out of her mind. But the question 'what if?' was still there in her head.

Her thoughts were distracted by the doorbell, and at that moment, she was really grateful for it. She rushed towards the door, not wanting to waste any second, and opened the door.

At the opposite side of the door stood a handsome male with umber hair. He flashed a smile at Eunsang and wrapped her hands around her shoulder, hugging her, to which she replied by hugging back.

"Minho Oppa, it's a surprise seeing you here," Eunsang said, smiling.

"I'll be, of course,  the first one to see my little cousin sister's house," Minho told rubbing her hair.

"That means you came to see my house, not me." Eunsang pouted, earning a laughter from Minho.

"Aigoo! Look at you pout," Minho voiced out, pulling her cheeks.

"That hurts, Oppa!" Eunsang exclaimed, slapping his hands away and then, continued, "You don't look that happy though. Is everything fine?"

"It's just that day before tomorrow my best friend got into a terrible accident. We're all hoping that he'll be fine though," Minho stated, sadly. "What about you? Is everything okay with this new house?"

No matter how much Eunsang wanted to, she couldn't bring out the things she felt in these past hours or about the shadow, because she was afraid that it might be only her delusions.

"Yeah, everything's alright," Eunsang replied, forcing out a smile.