Chapter 1 - Savior

Start from the beginning

We walked in silence while Dallas had his hand in the small of my back, steadying me whenever I wobbled or something. We entered a Starbucks and I sat while Dallas went to buy the coffee. When he returned we were both suddenly super interested in our coffee cups, trying to avoid each other’s gaze.

“So, why exactly did you do that?” He asked first, breaking our little game. I looked up and gazed at him behind my lashes. I breathed in a deep breathe and then blurted out the sad story of my life, leaving out the part where I was raped, I don’t know why, but I didn’t want people to know about that. I almost laughed out loud at the situation I was in, blurting most of my story to a complete stranger, which I probably trusted more than my own parents. When I was done his mouth and eyes were lightly opened and then he started shaking his head like a dog.

“What are you doing?” I laughed. He looked at me as if realizing for the first time that I was there. And then he lifted his hands and shook his hair around a little. “Wow, I’m so sorry all of that has happened to you” He said. I just shrugged in response. “It’s not like it’s your fault anyway” I said sadly. 

Then reality hit me in the face. Dallas here was the reason why I’m actually here, and not dead where I wanted to be. I stood up abruptly in the middle of something Dallas was saying and left the small coffee shop. 

I walked down the street in the general direction of the metro station again, vaguely aware of the fact that Dallas was calling my name frantically in the background, I just kept walking, until a hand wrapped around my wrist and pulled me back roughly. 

“Ow, you asshole I think you pulled my arm out of it’s socket” I hissed at him while cradling my shoulder. “I’m sorry I just don’t want you to go back there. Ever” He said while gazing into my eyes. “Dude, it’s not like you know me at all, for all I know you are a guy who’s going to rape me anyways” His eyes flashed with a dangerous fire telling me I just pissed him off. Badly.

“Well I’m sorry I’m trying to keep you alive, since you are too much of a coward to actually stay in this world and fight” He hissed right back at my face, daring me to say something back. We glared at each other for a while in the middle of the street until he looked away, probably from the heat of my glare that was probably very intimidating. 

“C’mon, I’ll take you home” He said pulling at my arm, successfully moving my body forward since I was in too much of a daze at what just happened to fight back. Before I knew it I was inside a fancy car, I couldn’t for the life of me, name, and Dallas was asking for my address. 

I gave him the address and sat back, knowing that the more I waited to get home, the worse the beating would be. The car ride was very silent, but I didn’t mind, silence was good to analyze better your surroundings. 

After about 15 minutes later we got to my house and I sighed knowing what was coming next. I quietly thanked him and got out of the car with my head hanging down. I took my time going from the car to my house, delaying what I knew was my fate.

I knocked on the door and patiently waited until one of my parents opened the door. My dad opened the door and when my eyes took in his bloodshot eyes I knew he was drunk. Very, drunk. Shit.