Chapter 7: If You're Nothing Without This Suit, Then You Shouldn't Have It.

*Peter's POV*

I wake up feeling like something heavy was on top of me. Once I started come to, I remembered what happened. I try to move but I can't move except for my head and my arms. I pull my arms up to my head and pulled my mask off. I start to let out a few quick wheezes then looked around me as best as I could and saw (y/n) next to me.

"(Y/N)!" I shouted but she didn't respond. "(Y/N)!" I shouted again as I move my hand over to her and tapped her helmet but she never moves or says anything. Oh God! Oh God! Oh God! I thought as I start to struggle and try to push the rubble off of us. "Come on, come on, come on. Okay, ready?" I said to myself and tried to use my whole body to lift up the rubble but everything was too heavy.

I began to let out a sob as I struggled but nothing was moving. "Hello? Hello! Please, hey! Hey, please!" I called out, tearfully, hoping someone could hear me. "We're down here. We're down here. We're stuck. We're stuck. I can't move. My friend, sh-she's not moving! Please help! I can't--" I cried out then I began to cry, feeling like a failure.

I look up and see my reflection in a water puddle, with my mask covering half of my reflection.

If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it.

I take a few deep breathes and start to use my whole strength to push the rubble off of us. "Come on, Peter." I mutter to myself as I began to push with my back. "Come on, Spider-Man. Come on, Spider-Man. Come on, Spider-Man. Come on, Spider-Man!" I shouted, reaptedly to myself as I pushed the rubble off of me and (y/n). I finally stand up and pushed the rubble off of us.

"Peter?" I hear (y/n)'s voice say weakly. I look down and see her slowly sitting up. I kneel down as her face plate opens so I could see her face. She had blood coming down out the side of her mouth and nose and a cut above her eyebrow. "(Y/N). Are you okay?" I asked her as I hold my hand out to her. She takes my hand and I help her up to her feet. "Yeah, I think so." She said.

She gets up on her feet but stumbles a bit. I catch her as she wraps her arms around me. "Well...I thought I was okay." She chuckled. I smile at her as she tries to stand on her feet again.

She stands up, looks up at me then looks over at the rubble. "Did you just lift all of that?" She asked as she points at the rubble. "Y-Y-Yeah, I--I did." I replied, shyly. She turns to face me again and smirks. My heart pounded against my chest and I couldn't help but smile. "Wow, you're stronger than you look, Parker." She said. My face turns red at this as my eyes dart away from her but then I look at her again.

We stared at each other in the eyes for a few seconds until (y/n) spoke up. "Um...we...we should go." She said, embarrassed, as I see her face turn red as she looks away from me. I nod at her as I smirk to myself and I looked over and saw Liz's dad sitting on top of a billboard sign some feet away. "Over there." I said to (y/n) and she nods at me as I grab my mask and put it on. 

Then his wings began to open and he starts to fly off. "You think you can fly?" I asked her. "I should be able to...but I'm not sure for how long." She said and she grabs my hand and I hear her boosters warming up then we take off after Liz's dad. 

We followed Liz's dad as he chases after the plane. Then the plane just disappeared. "What the...?" I started to ask. "The plane cloaked itself so it wouldn't be noticed." (Y/N) replied. I nod as we tailed the winged man and make it high in the sky and above the clouds.

We finally make it to the plane and we see Liz's dad latch on underneath of the plane and his wings fold over him. "Oh my God." I muttered as we get closer to the plane. We make it towards the folded up wings and I raise my hand up and stick to the belly of the plan and crawl towards it.