Chapter 5: Staten Island Ferry

This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team...defeated the country's best to win the national championship. Later that day, they also defeated death.

Explosion. Salty scream. Flash scream. Everybody screaming.

There were purple lasers and smoke. It was tight, like a Bon Jovi concert.

As you know, we made it out alive, and that's the important thing. I couldn't bear to lose a student on a school trip. Not again.

Thankfully, no one was seriously injured thanks to the Spider-Man and the Armored Woman, who we are gonna dub the Iron Woman because she looks like Iron Man. Thank you, Spider-Man and Iron Woman. Up next: the Spider-Man and Iron Woman mania is sweeping the school. How can you show your spirit?

Peter and I walk down the hall as we look up and see the school newscast going over the news from this weekend. Peter and I look at each other and smile to ourselves as we continue on. "Guys, guys, guys!" We hear Ned calling to us. We turn and walk up to him. "What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you two?" He asked us.

"It's crazy, dude." Peter whispered.

"Insane." I replied at the same time. 

"It's crazy. Should we tell everyone?" Ned asked us.

"No." We replied in unison.

"Should I tell everyone?" Ned asked.

"No, dude. That's not a good idea." Peter said, shaking his head. "Okay, come on, we'll be late to class." Ned said. I was about to following him until Peter said. "I'm not going to class."

Ned and I turn to him in shock. "You and (y/n) are already in trouble for ditching the decathlon." Ned informed us. "Dude, listen, we figured it out. The wingsuit guy is stealing from Damage Control. What he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all (y/n) and I gotta do is catch him." Peter said.

"But we have a Spanish quiz." Ned said, dejectedly.

"Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate...so when I, with (y/n)'s help, bring this guy in--"

"Dude. You want to be a high school dropout?" Ned asked him.

"I am so far beyond high school right now." Peter replied but before he could do anything the principal comes up behind him. "Parker. Stark, my office." He said.

"So....you got detention." The video of Cap said as he pulls up a chair and sits down. "You screwed up. You know what you did was wrong. The question is, how are you gonna make things right?" He said as I let out a sigh. Besides myself and Peter, there were two other boys and Michelle, who was drawing. 

"Maybe you were trying to be cool. But take it from a guy who's been frozen for 65 years...the only way to really be cool is to follow the rules. We all know what's right. We all know what's wrong. Next time those turkeys try to convince you of something....you know is wrong..." He continues when Peter jumps up and walks out of the room. "Pete!" I shout as I get up and chase after him.

He walks over to a set of lockers and picks it up, underneath, as he grabs a bottle then sets the lockers down. "What is that?" I asked as I catch up to him. "My web fluid." He replied. I nod and said. "So what now?"

Later on, we make it over to Peter's house. "May?" Peter calls out as we slowly walk in. "Okay, coast is clear." He whispers to me and we walk over and head to his room. He sits in his desk chair and puts on his mask while I sit on his bed and started to fiddle with the arm of my suit while Peter messes with his suit.