Chapter 1: Midtown And A Bank Robbery

"What are you doing, a little video diary?" Dad asked Peter, who pulled out his camera and began to film. "Yeah." Peter replied to him as aims the camera towards me and dad. Dad was sitting next to Peter while I sit across from them. "It's all right. I'd do the same thing." Dad replied.

"I told him not to. He was filming." Happy gripes as he kept driving down the highway. "I'm gonna wipe the chip. Okay." Peter said to Happy, who just stares at him through the mirror. "Hey. You know what? You and Dad should make an alibi video for your aunt anyway, Peter." I said to dad and Peter. "Ah, what a great idea, honey." Dad said then he turns to Peter and said. "You ready?"

"An alibi? Sure. Okay." Peter stammered, nervously. Dad and I smiled as Peter turns the camera to Dad. "We rolling?" Dad asked and Peter nods. "Get in the frame." Peter moves the camera so that he was in frame. "(Y/N), c'mon, honey, get in the frame as well." Dad said as I look up at him. "Oh, ok. Hang on." I said and I lean in and the three of us were in frame.

"Hey, May. How you doing? What are you wearing? Something skimpy, I hope." Dad said then he chuckled as Peter stares at him while I face-palmed. "Daaaad!" I groaned. "That's inappropriate."

"Let's start over. You can edit it." Dad said to Peter then clears his throat and looks into Peter's camera. "Three, two, one. Hey, May. My gosh, I wanted to tell you what an incredible job your nephew did...this weekend at the Stark internship retreat. Everyone was impressed."

"Come on! It's a freaking merge." Happy shouted at the traffic. Then he turns to us and said. "I'm sorry." Then he turns back to the road and shouts. "This is because you're not on Queens Boulevard." 

"See, Happy is hoping to get bumped up to asset management. He was forehead of security, before that he was a driver." Dad said to Peter and Happy looks back at us and said. "That was a private conversation. I don't like joking about this. It was hard to talk about that."

"No, seriously, was he snoring a bunch?" I asked Peter, smiling. He smirks back until Happy said. "Here we are. End of the line." Then he stops the car. "Can you give us a moment?" Dad asked Happy.

Happy looks back at Dad and asked, confused. "Want me to leave?"

"Grab Peter's case out of the trunk." Dad said and Happy rolls his eyes and gets out of the car. Peter, meanwhile, lowers his camera and stares at my dad in shock. "I can keep the suit?" He asked.

"Yes, we were just talking about it. Do me a favor, though. Happy's kind of your point guy on this. Don't stress him out. Don't do anything stupid. I've seen his cardiogram. All right?" Dad said to Peter. Peter nods as he says. "Yes."

"Don't do anything I would do, and don't do anything I wouldn't do." Dad said, confusing Peter. "There's a little gray area in there." I said to Peter and Dad nods. "Exactly! That's where you operate." 

"Wait, does that mean I'm an Avenger?" Peter asked him. "No." Dad said, quickly, then we heard someone tapping on the window next to Peter. All of us look over and see Happy holding up the case and said. "This it?" Dad nods and said. "Seventh floor."

"I can take that. You don't have to." Peter said to Happy.

"You'll take it?

"Yeah, I can take that."

"Thank you." Happy said with relief and he sets the case down and walks back into the car. "So when's our next--? When's our next retreat, you know?" Peter asked Dad. "What, next mission?" Dad said and Peter nods. "Yeah, the mission. The missions."

"We'll call you." Dad replied.

"Do you have my numbers?" Peter asked. 

"No, I mean, we'll call you. Like, someone will call you. All right?" Dad replied.