Chapter 29: Truth

Lincoln's dad walked me across the boarding tunnel to Skye, and when Skye had me she turned and headed into the ship. Lincoln's dad went back to the Big Brother ship. The boarding tunnel retracted, and the Big Brother ship headed right into hyperspace. When Skye led me into ship that came to get me. On that ship I saw that it had a lot of history.

"Welcome to the Specter Kira." Skye says.

I don't know what came over me, but at that moment everything that had happened crashed over me. I started crying. Skye pulled me into a hug and shushed me. I hugged her back. I was happy to be back with the Resistance, and I was angry that I still loved Lincoln, and I was still distressed and fuming that he blew up five planets.

Skye just held me. I was incredibly grateful for her company. She wasn't trying to make me feel better, she was just there to be there for me.

"Come on lets get you somewhere more private." Skye says.

I nod, and let Skye lead me somewhere. She led me into a room, and with a look around I knew it was hers. She had clothes scattered all around the floor, but what really got my attention was the writing on the wall. It was a legend. I assumed it was the legend of the crystal planet that Skye told me about.

I looked closer, and saw that Skye shared this room with a guy. Probably Wren. Skye sat me down on the bottom bed. She waited for me to calm down, but she wasn't pushing me. I forced myself to regain my composure, and then I locked eyes with Skye.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Skye asks.

"I do, but I don't want anyone to look at me differently." I say.

"What do you mean?" Skye asks.

I take a deep breath.

"I fell in love." I relinquish.

"Well that's not bad. People fall in love." Skye says.

"But it's who I fell in love with, and who fell in love with me." I say.

"Who?" Skye asks her tone sounded a little more weary.

"Lincoln." I sigh.

I noticed Skye didn't answer right away. She probably was trying to calm herself down, so she didn't loose it on me.

"You fell in love with Lincoln?" Skye asks her voice tight.

"Yes, and I know I shouldn't of. I know who he is, and what he does. He just blew up five planets, because Marth wanted him to show who he was loyal to. I know you will probably disagree with this greatly. I know what he did to your planet, and your mother." I say.

Skye nodded her eyes guarded, and her jaw tight.

"He was different around me. He was vulnerable, and sweet, and funny. He cared for me. He was just a broken boy who made wrong decisions, and I know how this sounds, believe me I know I'm yelling at myself every time I think this. I forgot what he does." I say.

Skye just nods. She wasn't saying anything. I buried my head in my hands.

"I'm really sorry." I say.

"Why are you sorry?" Skye asks.

"Because I know what kind of person he is, and here I am trying to rationalize my feelings towards him that I feel terrible for having." I say.

"No Kira. Don't do that you don't choose who you fall in love with. You shouldn't blame yourself for loving him. He loves you too. He might of sent you away to prove his loyalty to Marth, but maybe also because you're his weakness. He cares for you, and that makes you a target for his enemies." Skye says.

"Great." I whisper. "Do you think the Resistance will use me like that?" I ask.

"I think certain people will, but not everyone, so be careful who knows." Skye says.

I nod, and look over at Skye she was deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask.

"I was remembering our first crystal bond. I said that maybe you match his power, because you would be the one to end him, but maybe you're as powerful as he is, and it's because you guys are supposed to love each other, and maybe just maybe you can bring him out of the darkness and into the light. You told me he was struggling immensely with the light side when he was with you." Skye says.

I nod.

"I think the crystals brought you two together to love each other. You two were made for each other, literally. I may not agree with it, and I may not like it, but who am I to get in the way of what you two have." Skye says.

"It's not just you, there will be other people, and myself. I think I need to tell you the whole story of the time I spent on the Big Brother ship." I say.

Skye nods, and listens intently as I tell her the story.