Chapter 1

"Mom I don't want to go to dad's, nor do I need to!" I protested in the car.

The reason I am dreading going to my dad's house is that, I have to move from my home town in New York to where my dad lives in Michigan. My mom's job is sending her to London and the invite did not have a plus one. I'm eighteen, but mommy dearest believes I should stay with my dad and develop a better relationship with him, whatever. 

Bonus, we drove all the way to his house. Finally, I could see a long driveway appear beneath the trees. 

"Alright mom, listen I know I'm not always a great daughter, but you don't have to do this. Please let me live on my own," I said pleading.

"Mia stop it, this is good for you. Get you out of the city and into the country and you get to spend some time with your dad," she said focusing on the road.

"You realized Michigan State University is like a city or two over, right? Also, you hate dad."

I don't remember much of my dad. My parents got divorced when I was 10 years old and my mother decided to take me. My parents own their own business for modeling and booking gigs and things of that nature. But the reason my parents got a divorce is because my godforsaken father couldn't commit to my mother nor I. Sam was working for my parents doing models' makeup, Sam was also my mother's best friend, she was like an aunt to me. Sam was always at our house always watching me and playing dress-up with me. You can understand the shock my mother and I went through when we found out my dad cheated. My mother didn't want me to know, I was sneaky, I had to be. I overheard them talking about it one night. Sam was fired and my parents hired lawyers and assistants so that they did not have to talk face to face about their work. My dad and Sam got married in the winter that followed their outing. My dad had Sam go on a vacation to visit her family, guess my dad didn't want a daughter and wife throw down.

As we pull up to the house, at first look, it looks different than my penthouse back home. I sat in the car just staring straight ahead. My life was about to change big time, I would have to fake a relationship with my dad until I could convince my mom to let me be on my own. I would have to start a whole new life, something I was not planning to do. I should be traveling the world and meeting new people.

My mom walks up to the window knocking on it, implying I need to get out of the car. I step out of the car and start to head for the door when I am greeted by my dad.

"Mia Bia!" he screams, that horrific nickname, of course, he had to use it.

"Hi dad," I am not pleased. He wraps me in a hug, God please strike me now, take me out of my misery.

"Hello, Allen."

"Hello, Skyler."

And then it went silent, there are so many things that should be said right now, so many things that he deserves to hear. Yet of course, my mother would never say them, she has left my dad in the past and is doing bigger and better things with her life. And then there's my dad, who got the wife and happy life, forgetting about his daughter which frankly I didn't care about not at least at this point in my life.

"I should go to unpack... Call me when you land, I love you, mom! I'm going to miss you," I cried.

"I love you too Mia, remember I'm only a phone call away," she said as she wrapped me in a hug.

"So, where's my room?" I questioned as I grabbed one of my bags.

"Third floor straight ahead." I know that he just said the third floor, but I'm still left in shock. My house only had two floors, I guess it's always going to be a competition, huh?

I get to the third floor, now wishing that I didn't pack almost everything I own. Poor workers had to carry it all. I finally get everything into my room, I begin to faintly hear music blaring from down the hall. Did my dad invite someone else here to stay or does he have a secret kid I don't know about? I walk down the hall to investigate, pushing the door open I could hear the music coming from the bathroom which was up the staircase in the room. I walk more into the room, trying to get any identification when, the music stops and someone starts walking down the stairs. Shit, shit, fuck what do I do? I run for the closet door and close it behind me.

Walking down the stairs was a handsome man wrapped in a towel. At first, I did not notice there were clothes on his bed until he let go of his towel.

Now I know what you are thinking, I'm not a pervert but when you see a handsome man in front of you naked, you would stare too. The man got dressed and walked out the door, I waited until the sound of his footsteps disappeared and then I ran back to my room.

What the hell just happened? I feel like I just watched Fifty Shades of Grey unfold in front of my eyes! I'm embarrassed I watched but like damn, he was packing good. 

Laying down on my bed I couldn't help but think about my life back in New York. Yea it's all nice and great being in my dad's house, but I am eighteen and don't need to waste my time here.

The intercom dinged into my room, "Mia dinner is ready, clean up and head downstairs, please," my dad said.

"Uhhh." Not even here for over 24 hours and I already have a mess in my hands.