17| broken-hearted girl

Previously on A.M. Conversations...

This was it. Raven was going to do it. She was going to tell Beastboy how she really felt. Taking a deep breathe, she reached out her hand and touched his cheek, pulling his head a little bit closer to her. Raven looked him directly in his eyes as she spoke, "Gar, I saved your life because I-."

"RAVEN! You're alive."

Raven closed her eyes in frustration before pulling her hand away from Beastboy's face. She looked over to see a giddy Starfire grinning at her, Cyborg and a masked Robin behind her. Raven gave her a soft smile, despite her aggravation of being interrupted. "Hey Star."

Starfire flew into the, giving a little glee. "Oh, glorious day!" Star flew to Raven, gripping her best friend into a bone crushing hug. Star obliviously squeezed Raven, until she felt a meek tap on her arm. She looked down to see Raven struggling to breath. Starfire quickly let go, blushing a little, "Sorry, friend, sometimes I forget my own strength,"

Raven sucked in a giant gulp of air, thankful that she could breath again. She loved Star, but damn, that girl was strong. Cyborg gave Raven a brotherly pat on the shoulder, his way of saying welcome back.

"So Rave, what were you dreaming about?" Cyborg asks as he checks her blood pressure and refills the packet that was delivering fluids to her body.

Raven rose a purple eyebrow at him. "How did you know I was dreaming?"

Cyborg shrugged his shoulder, "You weren't dead, you weren't in a coma, that means you were in a dream reduced state."

Raven averted her eyes from their gazes, "nothing of importance."

"Liar."

Raven turned her head to Beastboy, who was quietly studying her from his position. "Excuse me?" She asked in question.

"I said liar. I know you are lying." Beastboy gave her a look of defiance. Raven rolled her eyes. One of the cons of being so close to Beastboy, he could read her like an open book sometimes. Raven's eyebrows furrowed at the thought.

"First of all it wasn't a dream state," Raven started, not knowing how they'd take the information, "it was a state of crossing."

"what exactly is a 'state of crossing'?" Robin asked, not liking the sound of that. It sounded dangerous.

Everyone had their gazes locked on Raven, waiting for her to explain. Raven didn't really want to tell them what that meant, knowing her melodramatic friend, her protective leader and brother, and her over protective best friend, they'd throw a fit.

She tried to change the subject. "Where's Rose?"

"Stop stalling." Cybrog said sternly. The longer she stalled, the worse the answer must be.

Raven groaned on the inside. "Fine, but don't give me any bullshit if you don't like what you hear. A state of crossing is something only demons experience. It's when you are in between life and death. The only thing to stop your spirit from crossing over to the other side is if a good soul objects" Raven stopped talking when she saw Starfire's confused face, "basically it means that I died, but a soul of grace stopped me from crossing into the world of death."

No one spoke, processing this information. Raven watched as her friends took in what she said, not turning her head to look at Beastboy. She could feel his emotions, she felt his anger, but she mostly felt his guilt. She frowned at that. She didn't want him to feel responsible. SHE chose to do this, not him. Raven could also feel the anger radiating off of her Robin, even though his facial expression was static. Star was immensely sad and Cyborg was having mixed emotions.