11. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝘀𝘁, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗶𝗿𝗱, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸

Start from the beginning

     "Right," Steve grins at the irony. Just as the elevator rings, the man steps into the lift. "What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?"

     "We're not at war, Captain."

     "They are."

💜

     Pietro stood in the middle of a small crowd that was beginning to form around him, offering them the necessities they were desperate for. A bag was sat on the side where Pietro can reach, and the boy kept as many miscellaneous things that he could get his hands on. With superspeed abilities, Pietro managed to grab anything the Sokovian's needed or wanted; Sokovia had struggled for many years, many before he was born. Now that Pietro has his superspeed, the enhanced feels like he can truly help his country.

     Of course, it warmed Eszter's heart to see her brother share his kindness with everyone else; the girl adored her brother and his caring personality, and to witness his generosity, Sokovia deserves someone like Pietro.

     Pietro pulls out a board game and a random book from the bag, and with a few clothing articles, the boy passes them to two more people; to show their gratitude, they'd nod and thank Pietro as they scurry off with their new items. Upon seeing a recognizable face, Pietro turns back to his bag, and with a noise of acknowledgment, the boy pulls out a bottle.

     "Ah, those are the ones, right?" Pietro asks the older man, handing him the medications.

     "Yeah," the older man confirms. He was gobsmacked and thankful; it was hard to believe that the kid managed to get him the needed medication, it was difficult to get them on his own.

     "The doctor will refill it," Pietro assures the man. "No more insurance, yes; oh, I made a house call."

     Next to the older man was a young and beautiful woman, with her soft golden hair and sparkling eyes; Pietro was captivated. Wanting to impress the girl, Pietro scrambled for something inside his bag, finding a ball; tossing the ball upward, the boy catches it. Making eye contact with the woman, Pietro grins a bit. No doubt, the woman finds the enhanced attractive, but she wasn't going to admit that out loud, especially not to a stranger.

     "This is for your brother," Pietro hands the ball to the girl who passes it to the little boy beside her. Then, Pietro fishes out another item as she thanks him-a beautiful frill dress with the thinnest straps; freezing in her shoes, the blonde girl stares at dressed flabbergasted. " And this . . . is not for your brother."

     "Oh," the Sokovian woman chuckles airily, taken back by the beauty of the dress and its glory. "No. This is too--"

     A voice speaks up as Wanda and Eszter creep by, a hint of sarcasm lingers. "Is every girl in Sokovia getting a dress from Paris?" Wanda raises her brow, eyeing the random woman's attire. "At least the skirt looks warm."

     Bursting into a fit of laughter, Eszter smacks her hand flat against her mouth, silencing her giggles until they're muffled; she wasn't expecting her sister to react in jealousy, upset that she wasn't getting a new dress, but Eszter didn't comment. She felt a little bad when she noticed the defeated look on the stranger's face, but neither of the sisters bothered to care--maybe Eszter, but she had to admit that was hilarious.

     Wanda tugs Eszter along as their arms were intertwined, a way of Wanda keeping track of her sister and not losing her; not to mention, Eszter had learned to steal because of Pietro, so the girl was keeping a closer eye on her.

     Pietro glares at the girl before huffing in annoyance, quickly returning to the girl, flashing an apologetic smile. "She's kidding," then he leaves the group behind with the remaining items in the bag. Jogging up to his sisters, Pietro grins slyly. "You're jealous you're not getting a dress."