Damon and Riley stayed downstairs while Elena went off to clean the blood from her body. The Salvatore had decided to clean up the blood in the kitchen, and Riley attempted to make everyone some food. Stefan suddenly entered the room and looked at the pair in confusion. "Where's Jeremy?"

"School." Damon vaguely responded with a shrug. "Bonnie has him volunteering for some occult exhibit."

"Or, he didn't want to linger in the house where his sister just jammed a knife in his neck," Stefan remarked innocently just as he pulled his ringing phone from his pocket. The minute he saw the caller ID, his entire body tensed up. "It's Klaus."

Stefan had filled them both in on what was happening and why he was so desperate for Connor to live. He was the key to locating the cure for vampirism and Stefan and Klaus were working together to procure it for Elena. But, now that Connor was dead, that hope is lost and now Stefan knew that he would surely be next on the Hybrid's hit list.

"Oh. Time to face the music. Pay the piper. Dance with the devil." Damon continued to list with an amused look on his face whilst a small scoff left Riley's lips.

"I'm glad you both find this amusing, but he if finds out I told you about the cure, he'll kill all of us." Stefan rolled her eyes before answering the phone. "I don't want to talk about it, Klaus."

"Well, I can't imagine why what with you ruining all my plans for a Hybrid-filled future." The Hybrid simply stated.

"Well, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy." Stefan turned his head to the two supernaturals who nodded, encouragingly.

"Life's full of ifs, Stefan. Let's extenuate the positives, shall we? The hunter was one of five, we'll find another. It may take centuries but we've got nothing but time, right?"

The youngest Salvatore paused for a moment and then took a deep breath. "You're using your calm voice today, who's getting killed."

"Not you, if that's what you're worried about. But I am concerned about your beloved." Klaus' voice suddenly grew more stern as the moments passed. "Have the hallucinations started yet?"

All three shared concerned looks before Stefan demanded answers. "What do you know about that?" He spoke defensively.

"I'll tell you, where are you?"

"I'm at her house." He responded nonchalantly.

"How convenient, so am I."

Stefan rolled his eyes and wandered outside to meet the Hybrid, which Riley followed immediately behind him. Whatever craziness Stefan had gotten himself mixed up in, she wanted to know about all of it.

"You know, this would all be a lot more civilized if I was just invited inside." The Hybrid spoke suggestively as he eyeballed the two that stood in the doorway.

"Do you really think we'd actually allow you in here? I'm surprised I haven't even kicked his ass for speaking to you." Riley scowled at the Original before she just sighed. "What exactly do you know about Elena's current condition?"

"I killed the original five hunters. When one kills a hunter, there's a bit of a consequence." Klaus vaguely explained which caused the two to look at each other.

"What kind of consequence?" Stefan crossed his arms over his chest and furrowed his brows.

"The hunters were spelled by witches to kill vampires. If you prevent one from fulfilling his destiny, then he'll take you down with him." Klaus explained to the two sternly.

"Wait a minute. How exactly does this work? Elena killed Connor, he's dead." Riley deadpanned with confusion in her voice.

Klaus rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I mean, Connor's death won't prevent him from making Elena his final vampire kill. She'll need to come with me now. I'll lock her up, keep her away from any sharp wooden objects."