"Everything okay?" Daniel asked noticing my silence.

I was still fragile. Cautious.

"Yeah." I said quietly. "Are you sure?" He asked stopping and lightly pulling my back by my wrist.

I avoided eye contact. "Joey look at me." Daniel whispered. I looked at him.

"Come. Let's go talk somewhere private." Daniel said leading me somewhere else.

Daniel took me to an empty alleyway.

"Come here." He whispered.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and hugged him. He held me tight.

I wanted to cry to him. But I was scared. Like he would laugh at me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He whispered.

"I'm scared to." My voice cracked. "You don't have to be Joey. I'm no person to ever judge someone. You can trust me. I promise." He said holding his pinky out.

I locked pinkies and said, "Okay."

I smiled a bit.

"Wanna talk back at my place? It's getting a bit cold."

I nodded. I knew Daniel wasn't some axe murderer since he was one of Jacks best friends.

"Okay I'll call an Uber to take us back there." Daniel said giving me a comforting smile.

-

"Thanks" Daniel waved to the Uber driver as we got out. "My mom just left for her night shift so she's not home, and my sister won't mind you being here." Daniel said as we walked up to his house.

He opened the front door and led me upstairs into his room.

"Okay. So this is gonna sound so basic, but basically, my so-called 'best friend' spread a bunch of rumours about me and turned everyone against me.

"That's not basic, Joey. It happens to a lot of girls because that's how girls are. Their jealous, viscous. I'm not saying what she did was okay in any way. Something similar happened to my sister and boy did she go through hell." Daniel said.

"Daniel, I didn't wanna live anymore. I wanted to die." I said avoiding eye-contact.

"But it's over now, right?" He asked.

"I think so," I whispered. "Joey, look at me." He said softly.

I turned my head. "They can't get you here. You're safe with me." He whispered staring deep into my eyes.

I said nothing, but embraced him in a hug. In which he returned.

After a few seconds he pulled away. "How can I cheer you up?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"Just listen when I tell you this." He said putting a hand on my shoulder. He caught my attention.

"I want you to know that, you are such an amazing person and such a sweetheart and you do not deserve, to be sad. So please be happy, for me. You be making me happy, if you do that." He smiled.

I couldn't help but smile a bit. "Daniel. You are so sweet." I covered my face.

"Gash, you're adorable." He whispered. I uncovered my eyes a bit.

"What's your favourite movie?" He asked. "The Amazing Spider-Man" I replied.

"Let's watch that then." He grinned. "And I just so happen to have that movie downstairs. Wait here." He smiled as he left.

Seconds later, a blonde girl stood in the door way. "You must be Joey." She smiled. "That's me" I chuckled.

"Nice to put a name to a face finally." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Your all Daniel talks about." She smiled.

"Okay here is–Anna" Daniel sighed really confused.

"I'll just go." Anna smiled walking out.