Inabot niya sakin ang isang maliit na kulay berdeng sobre. I just glared at it because it’s oozing with a smell na sa isang tao ko pa lang naaamoy. Isang tao lang ang pumasok sa utak na mas lalong nagpakunot ng noo ko.

“Anong problema, Cloud?”

“Nothing. May naalala lang ako sa amoy ng sobreng ito. Kanino ba to galing?” Inilapag ko muna sa lamesa ang sobre. Something inside of me screams to open the envelope but I fought against it.

“About that. You know that pumunta ako sa Australia because of a race, right?” Tumango lang ako sa tanong niya since nasabi niya nga yun sakin.

“It’s actually a one-on-one motor racing. Ang weird nga kasi sabi nung nakalaban ko, she personally used her connections just to race with me. When I asked her why, she then shifted the conversation to the race. So, basically, she wants me to do her a favor but since I don’t really know her, she thought that racing with me will help. And yun nga, pustahan namin sa race is if ako ang mananalo, she will answer all of my questions and if she wins, I will do her a favor. In the end, she won. No questions asked, the gap between us as a racer is far too big. Just remembering our race is still giving me goosebumps. She’s a monster driver.” I just stared at her with a smile. Even if she said na ‘monster driver’ yung nakalaban niya, its obvious that she respects who that person is. Further proof? She’s not really talkative unless she really wants to talk about something. Pinagpatuloy niya lang ang pagkwento kung anong nangyari sa race niya sa Australia and I just listened to her.

“You should really race with her some other time. Siguradong lalampasuhin ka niya.” She then burst out laughing. My god, this girl.

“Okay, enough with that. You didn’t even tell me the name of that girl who beat you.”

“Now that you mentioned that, I believe tinawag siyang ‘Em’ nung kasama niyang lalaki. One more thing, mga Filipino sila.” Tumaas ang kilay ko sa sinabi niyang yun.

“Really? And the favor that she wants you to do is to give this letter to me?” She just nodded while sipping on her juice.

“Why?”

“Well, I don’t know. You might actually know her coz the last thing na narinig kong sinabi niya dun sa kasama niya is “That idiot must be enjoying himself. I really miss the five of them, Ash.”” I froze. Fuck, what?!

“I’m sorry, babe. Can you repeat what she said?” I just want to confirm that I heard it right.

“That idiot must be enjoying himself. I really miss the five of them, Ash.” I leaned back on my chair trying to digest all this. ‘That idiot’. ‘The five of them’. And the most disturbing one is the name that was mentioned. Ash – is it Ash Trinidad? The hell, he should be dead.

“What in the world is happening?” I massaged my temple.

“Babe, are you okay? Do you know her?”

“Not sure. This must be some kind of a sick joke.” Kinuha ko ang wallet ko and showed her a picture. Kami yung anim. Me, Kyran, Khyan, Clark, Xander and Big Boss. With Kei in the middle. I showed her the picture.

“Is this her?” Tinuro ko si Kei sa picture.

“Sorry pero hindi ko nakita ang mukha niya eh. She’s wearing a mask and a cap so there’s no way for me to tell if that’s her. Do you know the guy as well? The name’s Ash. If you can show me a picture of him then I can confirm if it was him or not.” I nodded. Guess I have to find a picture of that guy.

“Who is she? Parang close kayong magkakaibigan sakanya but I haven’t seen her.” She’s still looking at the picture.

“She’s a very important person. She was once the center of our world but she was taken away from us before we met.” She reached for my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. I smiled at her.