Chapter 2.

Lucas's Point Of View

I woke up and saw the blonde beauty asleep beside me. As I got out of bed she stirred and woke up. As I tiptoed over our clothes that littered the floor from last night, I heard her speak.

"Morning hot stuff, Want to continue what we started last night." She said in what she thought was a sexy voice. It was, it's just that I'm done with it. I pivoted on my foot and faced her.

"Sugar, what started last night... ended last night or didn't you get the memo?" I said bored with were this was going.

She looked at me in horror "What?" I asked "Did you think this was gonna go any further?" At this point her eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "Sugar, don't do this to yourself, I made my intentions very clear to you before anything happened." I turn to proceed with my morning routine. 

"Be out before I get back." I said and shut the bathroom door.

Indeed when I got out she was gone. I don't know why they always do this, hope something more will come out this. I always tell them upfront before they start building castles in the sky and hoping we'll run off in the sun set.

It being Sunday I didn't have to go in to work. But their is just something about being the boss that makes you do whatever the hell you want. But I won't spend much time at the office today, I'm spending the afternoon with who I think of as my brother's kids. I never used to be a fan of kids, hell I'm still not a fan of kids but Caleb and Catherine hold a special place in my heart.

#####

After spending my morning at the office, no matter how much I love my work, it's nice to take a break and I can't think of a better way to spend it than with my niece and nephew. 

My phone buzzed and chimed, looking at the caller ID I knew better than to ignore. I picked up and put the phone on speaker. 

"Hello mother!" I greeted.

"Lucus de la Martin!" She scolded.

"When was the last time you came home? You never come see us any more." She whined. 

"Ma-" I tried.

"Just because you've taken over your father's business and you're doing well you've forgotten the people that raised you?" She whined on.

"Mother, I came by the house last weekend and I called you twice this week." I reasoned.

"Is that all I get for wiping your bum for 10 years?" She said.

"Ma, I was potty trained at 3. I don't know who's a$$ You've been wiping." I said holding in a laugh.

"Now don't you dare get smart with me boy." She said.

"Look mama, I'm driving. I'll call you back when I get to Ben's house."

As I drove a yellow taxi turned from Benjamin's house and nearly crashed into me. I don't know where taxi drivers get their driving skills from. Most of them drive like reckless drunk teenagers. 

I honked angrily and reversed enough for them to pass and honked again. He gave an apology sign but  he needs to be very careful. What's a cab doing here anyway? They barely come this way.

I drove down the drive way and parked in front of the house. I got out of my BMW. I opened the front door and Caleb and Cathy came running and squealing. 

I picked both of them up and swilled them around and Cathy let out another ear piercing squeal. Ben and Gen descended the stairs with smiles on their faces.

"Lucas you actually showed up!" Gen exclaimed.

"Oh, little sister is that the type of uncle you think I am? I would never pass on my niece and nephew."  I replied with a sad look on my face. 

"Luca nice to see you, but I think you guys need to get going as soon as possible we have some work to do." He said with a smirk.

"Wow! Straight to it, better not get my sister pregnant by the time we get back." I said laughing at them.

I grabbed Cathy's car seat on the way out. Once we were in the car I strapped Caleb in the seat belt and Cathy into her car seat. 

"Uncle Luca!" Cathy called from the back.

"Yes princess" I answered looking at her in the rare view mirror.

"what's pregnant?" she asked innocently.

"Ummm..." I tried to look for something to tell her but couldn't find anything so I said "I don't know pumpkin, you should ask your mom." I  told her, inwardly applauding myself for the save.

"Then why did you just said it to mommy and daddy?" She asked.

I was flabbergasted, I didn't know what to say. I'm usually careful with what I say around Cathy because she asks a lot of questions.

Last time she asked me what F*ck meant and I had to tell her it was a unicorn or else Ben or Gen would have had my neck. But they both had my neck anyway, because she claimed she wanted a f*ck for her birthday.

"Oh look I think that cloud is shaped like an ice-cream, maybe we should get some ice-cream at the park don't you think?" I tried distracting her.

"YAY!" Caleb piped.

"But Uncle Luca we supposed to get my teddy today." She said close to tears.

"It's okay pumpkin, because your uncle Luca has a super fast car we can zoom and do both." I said before the tears got a chance to spill.

Both kids yelped in delight as I stepped on the gas. It amazed me the kind of person I was with these kids. No one outside would recognize me if they saw how I behaved with them, because everyone knew me as the rude billionaire playboy. However to these kids I was just their favorite Uncle Luca.