WWYCR: 0.6: chapter six

Start from the beginning

"i know hush." he stated, bucky stayed silent, hugging him easily.

"thank you steve." bucky stated, steve placed his lips into bucky's neck, bucky cocked his head back in steve's favor.

"stop thanking me buck, there's no reason to." steve said, bucky sighed, getting out of steve's grip, running his hands through the top of his hair, making his bun more knotted by far. 

"why can't it just go away?" he asked, not to anyone in particular either. steve didn't want to touch him, knowing bucky would flinch and fly backward into the ice of fear.

"because it's meant to stick." steve replied, bucky didn't look up.

"well i want the sticker off please. or the glue, whatever it is." he said, steve sighed.

"sadly, it doesn't work like that." steve said, "you never know how long you'll have it for though." 

"what's that supposed to mean?" bucky asked, looking up in an orange, green, blue gaze.

"well, we're old. aren't we going to die soon?" steve asked, bucky shrugged, falling back onto the bed.

"naturally, no. but sometimes, i feel so lost in this world i just want to." bucky stated. steve sighed, falling back as well, beside bucky.

"me too buck, me too."

-

"mr. barnes sir, can i have that blanket over there?" 

bucky turned around, some hair falling out of the messy bun on the back of his head as he did so, like vines from trees. he nodded, grabbing it from where he kept a majority of his blankets, as he had many. he threw them all on top of him as he slept to keep him from punching the air from nightmares.

"here." he stated, laying the blanket over the teenager.

"thanks." peter replied, he brought his knees to his chest, looking around the small cottage. he'd be leaving the next day. it'd been quiet in the small hut by the river, but no one noticed. it was peaceful. a beautiful sky blue.

"what was it like in the forties?" peter asked, suddenly. purple, but not lilac. bucky turned back toward him, leaning against a doorway.

"well for one thing, we lived off of radios and old cameras." he stated, peter's moony blue eyes were like steve's, but they had more green in them. it didn't intrigue bucky, even if they were filled with more green.

"well i thought that, but like, how was it. how was the world around you? was everyone trying to get a girl? did they care?" he asked, bucky sighed, scratching his scalp.

"well, there was a lot of crimes, girls swooned over me. it was very different. everyone hated each other, if you were different at least. steve got beat up a lot, i usually fought for him, protected him. it was a different time. now you get arrested for beating someone up. everything was settled in a fight when i was young." bucky stated, peter turned orange, blue, green.

"why did you have to protect steve?" he asked, bucky forgot that no one knew him before the war.

"well, he wasn't always that hot." bucky said, peter laughed, making bucky smile pink, "he had bad health and was really short. he had to wear newspapers in his shoes so they wouldn't fall off. i had to look out for him." 

"i'd never imagine it." peter said, bucky nodded.

"yeah, much different time. if two guys were caught kissing they could've been killed right then and there. they'd put you in hell before they could tell you to go there yourself." bucky said, peter's face turned grim, the world was much more pink, but the crimson undertone was ready to kill at any moment. opposite generations. it was a new world. shiny like silver.