WWYCR: 0.4: chapter four

a/n: that last chapter kind of pretty much sucked so i hope this one is better as well as the rest of the story and it sorry i've been in florida i hope this fulfills your momentum.

-

"this is the third time you've tried to find a solution strange, this better work." bucky said. steve gave him a red stink eye, young peter parker stood there, holding groot to the stone he was perched on. steve looked on the sight with his moony blue eyes. sighing, knowing he could do better.

"i'm trying solider, i'm trying." he stated. bucky winced at the term he used. solider. as if he still had that arm, that power, that state. the way he killed people as the crimson blood posed out of them. how it was supposed to be a good thing. how the brainwashing felt like magenta and metal with oozing orange in the mix. soap, but not the soap that cleans. the soap that wiped and killed. leaving scars as it cleaned. the texture of a gritty blade, dancing to clean his thoughts.

the pain drowned bucky. steve came over, holding his shoulder. bucky didn't know which steve it was, strange or rodgers. either way they were holding bucky in some sort of way. staring at him with their matching blue eyes, as his vision faded to black...

"bucky, wake up."

bucky's steel blue eyes shot opened in terror, they darted around, looking for something to latch onto. they found steve's ocean eyes. which talked the steel with open waves, cradeling them. bucky started to cry, and leaned his head into steve's chest. steve whispered nonsense into his ear, helping erase the sound of the too familiar screams as they wiped him.

they stayed like this for a good while, until bucky stopped crying and looked up, steve's oceans were draped with red, yellow, and blue curtain like tints. waiting for reassurance. steve started to hum a love song he had heard, but he didn't know the words.

"want to talk about it?" steve asked. bucky sighed, giving into the offer; it would kill him regardless. but he was safe here. it was steve, he would be fine. pink, even.

"s-sure." bucky said. steve rubbed his back.

"take your time. we have all night. you didn't sleep for long at all." he stated, bucky wasn't surprised at this. he hadn't been sleeping for long periods of time lately. not without home, his goats, and steve...

"well, it was right before i came back..." he started, stronger. he didn't get to the part yet. the magenta, soap agonizingly horrific word. solider. thank god he didn't say the season before.

"it's okay." steve reassured. bucky nodded, he knew it was. he was just yellow, red.

"doctor strange, who got sucked in there with me and is a wizard had his third plan to get back. he called me s-ss-s-" bucky started, steve hushed him.

"solider?" he asked , bucky winced, steve held him and bucky nodded. he usually wasn't this vulnerable when it came to it. thinking about it and getting lost in a trauma-filled maze was something he was all too used to. talking about it was the same story, but different in the way it's presented. coming up with a story and writing it, verses publishing it.

"yeah. and it went from that." he said. steve understood, rubbing bucky's back and not daring to tug on his hair. he knew better than to do so. the last time turned into a rain shower of sorrow and fear. he loved his long hair. but they used to pull it back and rip it out when he was bad, or when he didn't do a mission obeyingly in the beginning. so they resorted to wiping afterwards, which ultimately caused more crimson than planned. but of course, no one cared...

"when he said it, did you get this scared." steve said calmly. bucky shook his head carefully, as if it'd fall off if he didn't.

"i winced, but i had to brush it off. i was running into magic and i couldn't be distracted." he stated reasonably. steve looked at him in confusion.