TS&TBHB 22

New chapter, hope you like it  & sorry for the long wait...Was going to post this chapter yesterday but, I ended up going to my mom's wine & cheese party, it's was so much fun..

Vote

Comment

Fan

*********************

The weeks leading up to spring break were some of the best weeks I had ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Xavier hardly spent a full day at work opting to finish it up at home. He had decided to do it that way so that I wouldn’t have to be alone till he got back. Not like he could constantly rely on Liam and Cole to keep my company. They had lives and jobs of their own. Some days the girls would come over straight after school and spend a few hours with me if Xavier absolutely had to stay at the office.

Spring break was in a few days and I still had no idea where Xavier was taking me. He wouldn’t budge whenever I asked him where we were going. I had a feeling that the girls and the guys knew where Xavier and I were going But, they wouldn’t tell me either. What happened to the bff code? I could understand why Liam and Cole wouldn’t tell me but, Corrie and Elena? They were turning out to be traitors! They’ve known me longer but, now they were so Team Xavier. That just was not fair. 

Dropping my pen on the desk, I pushed my text book away from me. I couldn’t concentrate on doing my work when all I could think about was spring break. Twisting my engagement ring and wedding band around my fingers I thought about how I could figure it out. Maybe Xavier had a clue in his room, like a itinerary or something. I had maybe an hour to snoop around before he got back home. 

Hopping up from my seat I ran to his room. The door was left wide open like it always was. Standing in the door way I wondered where I should look first. I searched through his room for a good twenty minutes and hadn’t found a thing. I felt a little guilty as I went from his room to his office looking for a clue as to where he was taking me for spring break. He was allowing me to pick anywhere I wanted to go during Summer and I didn’t have to tell him. So, why was I snooping around trying to find out about spring break? Probably because I’m an idiot who just can’t stand a surprise. 

I had just opened the top drawer on his desk when I heard the front door close. Pushing the drawer back into place I sprinted out of his office and into my room. Too close, way too close. I really needed to just kick back and let it go. I’d find out where we were going in a few days anyway. But, I really didn’t care for surprises. Ugh, guess I’d have to deal with it now. Sitting at my desk I pretended to do my work. 

“Aren’t you tired of doing homework?” Xavier asked leaning against my doorway.

“I’ve been tired of homework since I started high school. I’m just glad that this is my last year.” I replied 

“Have you had anything to eat yet?” he asked 

“Not since breakfast,” I answered shaking my head. 

“Let’s get out of here then,” he said nodding his head toward my door.

“That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day.” I smiled taking his out stretched hand. 

After locking up the house Xavier led me over to his car, opening the passenger door for me. Smiling my thanks I slid into the cool leather seat. I couldn’t get enough of his car, don’t think I ever would. Xavier got into the drivers seat and started the car. Once he was on the main road he laced his fingers through mine. Looking down at our entwined hands I smiled. I never thought that I would actually be comfortable with holding his hand. Guess, that’s just how it goes when you love someone.