TS&TBHB 15

Sorry for the semi-long wait...writers block is a crazy ass bitch...not too long but, i think it  came out pretty good lol...

vote

comment

fan

****************

Xavier and I stood there just staring into each other’s eyes. A weird feeling settled in my stomach as I gazed into the swirling blue pools of his eyes. It wasn’t until the pastor introduced us as Mr. and Mrs. Xavier Chase that we broke eye contact. I slipped my arm through his as we turned to face everyone. Everyone was on their feet with smiles on their faces and clapping. We walked together back down the aisle and was ushered off to take some pictures. 

It was a good half hour of taking photos with just the two of us and our wedding party. I couldn’t wait to see how they turned out. I hoped that they were good. Since the sun was setting in the back ground I knew that most would at least come out decent. When the photos were done we were led over to the huge tent that had been set up. The reception party was held under it. 

The DJ introduced us and Xavier and I walked in hand in hand. My jaw dropped as I took in everything. The color scheme that I had chosen worked so well together. There were silk drapes in every color all over the place hung in various ways. The tables were covered with white cloth while the chairs were covered in burgundy fabric with a black bow around it. Red roses and White lily’s were part of the center pieces. If I tried to describe everything it would take forever. 

Xavier placed a hand on the small of my back and led me to our table where Corrie, Elena, Liam and Cole were already standing. Once we were seated dinner was severed. I had left the dinner menu to Sharon, it didn’t matter much to me what we had. As everyone ate I looked around at all the faces that filled up the space. There were only a handful of people that I could actually place a name to. There rest were either strangers to me or I just couldn’t remember their names. 

“Is everything alright?” Xavier whispered into my ear.

“Fine,” I nodded biting my lip.

“Do you not like the food?” he asked “You’ve barely touched it.”

“That food is fine, I just realized that I don’t really know anyone here.” I answered

“Me either,” Xavier admitted “That’s what happens when you leave the invitations to my mother.”

I laughed and picked up my fork. “I don’t mind, it’s just a little weird.” I said 

I finished the Salmon that was served for dinner and polished off the glass of wine that was in front of me. I never really was one to get drunk but after the day I had getting drunk sounded like a pretty good idea to me. I waved the server over and had him refill my glass. I knew I couldn’t be getting drunk just yet so I sipped at the glass slowly. Wouldn't want to be falling all over the place when it came time for my dance with Xavier.

Dinner and dessert were over and the DJ announced our first dance. I was already feeling a slight buzz from the glasses of wine I had during dinner and the two I had before the wedding. It wasn't enough to make unaware of anything. I was actually more aware of what was going on around me no matter how weird that was.