Seamus and Dean laughed and Dean said "ever think about getting yourself a girlfriend, Harry?"

"What?!" Said Harry, pumpkin juice spilling out his mouth.

"Geez, mate. It was just a suggestion."

"Right, well I'm going to go. I've got...um... homework to do," Harry lied. "See you guys later."

"What's up with him?" Seamus asked his boyfriend.

"All I can say is that I think I was wrong. He doesn't need a girlfriend."

"You think he's gay?"

"You saw his face when I mentioned him having a girlfriend. He about choked himself to death."

"Huh, how interesting. The Wizarding World's Hero, into blokes. Never woulda thought."

***
Harry had to get away from Dean and Seamus as quick as he could. It was making him sick taking about having a girlfriend and he didn't want to accidentally give himself away. He didn't really want anyone to know he was gay quite yet. Somehow, he didn't really think people would take that well. Their wonderful hero, their Golden Boy, gay? No, that wouldn't make the Wizarding World very happy. Practically every girl swooned over him. What would happen if they learned he was gay? Nothing good, Harry thought.

Harry quickly made his way to the library. He couldn't be in the Great Hall and he obviously couldn't go back to his room. And the library was the only place he could think to go. He wasn't sure what he'd do when he got there but it was better than the alternatives.

***
Draco stretched and slowly sat up. After rubbing his eyes and waking himself up for a few minutes, he sat up and looked at Harry's bed. Why was it empty? "Potter?" he called. No response. He cast a tempus charm. 6:28. Weird. It wasn't that late and they didn't have classes and besides Harry wasn't really on the best of terms with Weasley and Granger, why, he didn't know, but he knew Potter wouldn't be with them; that meant Harry should still be here. Why was he so disappointed that he wasn't?

Draco, still thinking about Harry, got up and got dressed. He made his way through the eighth year common room. There were a few eighth years mulling about but most of them were at breakfast. Maybe that's where Potter is, as well, he thought.

Draco opened the doors to the Great Hall and made his way to the Slytherin table, sitting down next to Blaise and Pansy. "Hey, Draco," Pansy greeted him.

"Hey," Draco said offhandedly, eyes scanning the Gryffindor table.

"Draco, honey? You with me?" Pansy asked.

"What? Oh yes... I was just..um"

"Looking for Potter, we know. You do it everyday, mate," said Blaise.

"What?! No I don't!" Said Draco, eyes snapping back to his two friends.

"Oh come off it mate, yes you do," Blaise said smirking at him.

Draco was about to retort but Pansy spoke up instead. "Come on, Blaise. I'm sure it's just because old habits die hard. He was used to staring at Potter everyday when they were enemies."

"Oh yeah," Said Blaise. "I'm sure it's just a safety precaution. Making sure Potter's not about to hex him or something. No other reason."

"Shut up, you too," Draco said to his two laughing friends.

"Come on, Draco! When are you gonna tell him?"

"Tell him what, Pansy?" Draco said, exasperated.

"That you love him."

"WHAT?!" Draco practically screamed, earning twenty pairs of eyes to turn on him. "What?!" Draco said again, quieter this time.

"Come on Draco. You think we don't see all the longing eyes you shoot at him or the constantly looking for him and the constant talking about him?"

"I do not-"

"Yeah, you do, mate," said Blaise.

"Whatever. I'm not in— I don't— Potter and I are just friends, alright?"

"Whatever you tell yourself, love, but just to let you know, I don't think your feelings are so unrequited."

"What do you mean?"

"Draco, he looks at you with the same longing eyes you look at him with-"

"I don't look at him like anything," Draco interrupted.

"And he constantly stares at you when you aren't looking," Pansy continued as if Draco hasn't spoken.

"Whatever," Draco said, rolling his eyes. "I don't need to hear this anymore. See you guys later."

"Going to find Potter, mate?" Blaise said with a wink.

Draco ignored him and hurried out of the Great Hall. 'I don't like, Potter, do I? I mean, everything Pansy and Blaise said? They were just making that up, right?' Draco thought not really paying any attention to where he was walking. 'I can't like Potter. He's a guy. I'm not gay. Sure, Potter's really funny and sweet when you get to know him. And sure, he has really beautiful, mesmerizing green eyes and the cutest little laugh. And he had such a beautiful smile. And, oh bloody hell, I am gay. Oh hell, what my father would think. His one and only son, the precious pureblood Malfoy heir, gay. Oh Merlin, no. I'm not gay. I can't be. Pansy's wrong. I'm not gay and I most definitely do not like Potter.'

Draco was so consumed in his thoughts he didn't even realize he ended up at the library. He was going to walk away but he couldn't think of anything else to do. Besides, maybe he could find something to read to get his damn mind of off Potter.

He walked into the library and was walking towards the shelves, in the back, about potions when he saw Potter sitting at one of the tables, reading a book. How beautiful he looked, with his head bent over a book, his untamable hair falling in his eyes and his glasses slightly askew.

That was the moment Draco knew. The moment he knew he couldn't deny it any longer. His friends were right. He was gay. And he was in love with Harry Potter.

Hellloo Friends. Hope you liked this chapter! It's shorter than normal but I just wanted to get something out there! Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you!
~E

Published: May 20