A one night stand

"No, Eric! I'm not gonna argue with you again because you never care about what I say or about how I feel." Amelia shouts one more time at her boyfriend.

She did the same for the past weeks: he comes back late at night, he doesn't care about her, she gets angry.

That's what happens every night since about a month. They love each other, they really do but she doesn't understand him anymore.

He acts differently and it hurts her.

"Babe... Could you please stop screaming like that? I was at work, I did nothing wrong!" Eric tries to calm her down but the only thing he succeeds in is to make her angrier.

"You know what? I'm not staying here tonight... Maybe you'll realize that you can lose me f you don't make efforts." Amelia says in a calmer tone and walks to the entry of the condo where she takes with her, her keys, her phone and puts on a jacket and shoes.

"Why are you reacting this way? stay and we'll find a solution... Please, Amelia." He stops her from getting out of the condo by grabbing her arm and begs her to stay with him.

She looks straight into his eyes without saying anything and when he finally understands that she won't stay here tonight, he lets go of her arm.

The young woman runs outside the condo and soon the building. She can't keep up with this and the second she reaches her car and get in it, she breaks down in tears.

She tries turns the engine on and drives away with her blurry view. She doesn't know where to go or what to do but she doesn't want to see her friends either.

She just wants to be alone and forget about the whole confusing situation.

Driving through the night and on the empty highway with her cheeks wet with the tears, she has to forget.

Forget how her relationship with Eric deteriorated through the years. He's not the caring, loving and funny guy she met in high school. Now everything got serious, they graduated years ago, got moved in together and his job kept him apart from her.

Amelia drives for about twenty minutes until she decides to stop at a bar where she could drown all her worries and pain with some drinks.

She looks at her reflection in the mirror when she turns off the engine and wipes her tears before she gets out of the vehicle to walk in the bar.

The place is pretty dark with brown lights which makes her feel cozy in this warm atmosphere even though she had never been here. A relaxing music accompanies her all along her way to the counter where she sits.

There aren't many people here but she doesn't even give any attention, her only purpose is to relax, to feel free and to forget him for, at least, one night.

She raises her hand to the barkeeper who immediately walks to her with a smirk on his lips.

"Something to pass this night without any tear?" The man asks, chuckling.

"Is it really obvious?" She asks back, raising up her gaze to the blond haired man who's standing in front of her.

He just laughs as an answer and starts pouring a drink into a glass.

He didn't answer her question because even though the classy and beautiful woman can seem like she has a perfect life, it's more than obvious that something's wrong in that excepted life.

The executive assistant drinks the liquid the barkeeper held out to her and feel her throat burning... But maybe in a good way... So she drinks one or two more and soon the heavy weight that was resting on her shoulders just leaves her.

"A beer please" A man who got in the bar a few seconds ago sits next to Amelia and order his drink.

He turns his head to her when he notices her presence. He doesn't say anything but stares at her and details the gorgeous woman she is.

"Need to forget?" He asks her, chuckling which makes her turning to him abruptly.

She didn't notice him but the second she meets his eyes she gets lost in them even. Those light brown eyes that make her smile.

"Maybe" She admits, focusing back on her empty glass.

He slightly laughs at the way she shakes her head to hide her rosy cheeks and keeps admiring her.

He sips a bit of his drink, still staring at her so much he finds her gorgeous even after a few drinks.

"Need to escape?" She asks him in turn, glancing at him with her bright smile.

"Exactly." He admits but doesn't look away from her.

It may be the drinks that make her feel that free and that attracted to that man who's detailing her but it also may be the real her. Whether it's the alcohol or her, she stares at him, admiring his brown curls that fall on his forehead, his cute smile that warms her heart and her gaze lowers to his muscular body.

"I'm Shawn." He chuckles, grinning at her the same way he did since he came in this bar and met her.

"Amelia." She replies, holding out her hand.

They shake their hands together and make an eye contact. A stare that lasts for a couple minutes with a sweet silence they take, wondering if they should.

-----

Hey everyone! I started this short story that will be about 3 parts long or more. I don't know yet but it won't be as long as 'Drowning'. I don't even know if I'll update it regularly. I hope you like it!

-----