Chapter 3

Trixie was on her plane to Boston, the rest of the clique not knowing what was going on at all. Trixie decided it was better to keep it quiet and surprise them later, figuring another video call was planned today.

Time passed rather quickly and before she knew it, Trixie got her luggage and walked towards the arrivals exit where she was met with her best friend's excitement. Katya didn't hesitate for a moment before pulling Trixie in for a hug and they stood there for a moment before finally deciding they were kind of blocking the way for other people. Katya took Trixie aside and hugged her again, a bit longer this time before pulling away and just smiling at each other.

"I can't believe you're here," Katya started as she looked at the slightly taller person in front of her. "I haven't been so happy in a long time." She admitted before carefully laying an arm on her best friend. She wasn't sure how close they'd be in real life - or was it anxiety over crossing a specific line?

"Me neither," Trixie responded and intertwined their fingers. "I know we're being childish right now but for once that's okay." Katya nodded to that and her smile grew even wider - and it made Trixie feel so warm inside. Seeing Katya so happy made her heart flutter - that's all she'd wanted for her best friend. Happiness. And that's what she got, in the end, and Trixie herself couldn't be happier herself.

"Let's go to my place, shall we? I have good at home in case you want to eat something, some Red Bull as well." Trixie nodded happily and followed Katya towards her car. They got in, drove to Katya's place - which wasn't that long of a ride but it was long enough for the both of them to share a couple laughs.

Katya hadn't felt this happy in a long while, and if she were being honest, never felt this happy to have someone around her. She liked being around people, but at the same time she appreciated being alone, the peace and quiet, time time to indulge herself into art. Art, a word Katya had used to describe Trixie once while chatting with the others.

-

"Welcome to my small, miserable apartment where broken dreams come to life. That didn't make sense, I apologize." Trixie laughed and put her luggage in the hallway as she entered further into the apartment - taking in the smell. It was mostly smoke, but a hint of vanilla too. Oh Katya, Trixie thought.

"Let's say it's cozy! I like it here." Trixie turned around and looked at Katya, smiling at her - wider and brighter than she ever had in her life.

The two of them moved in and Katya showed Trixie where she would be staying. It was a small but cozy room, with a bed just a bit smaller than a double. There wasn't a lot of decoration but Trixie was okay with that. At least she had room for her stuff, and there was a wardrobe too so she could hang her clothes if she wanted to.

"We could go out for dinner tonight, if you want." Katya started as she sat down on the bed. "I can show you the area a little bit and we can catch up. If you want to sleep, that's okay too."

Trixie sat down next to her, a large smile on her face as she wrapped her arms around her best friend. "Let's say in. Let's just order a pizza, pop in a movie or something and maybe call our friends."

Katya pulled away and looked up. "They don't even know you're here, do they?" Trixie shook her head and picked up her phone, sending a quick message to just casually let everyone know she's in Boston with Katya. She then put her phone away again and just smiled at her friend. Something felt... oddly familiar. As if this isn't the first time she's been with her.

Katya, on the other hand, felt a bit weird. She knew why - she was attracted to Trixie. Not to say she liked her, but she did see something in her. And frankly, Katya had urges and hopes. She hoped that they would end up together. Somehow, someday.