Chapter 2

[Trixie: you know I'd fly my ass over to Boston if I have to]

That was the last text Katya had received and she wasn't sure how to reply. She wanted to meet her best friend so bad, it hurt. But it would be bad to reply 'could you please do that?', or would it? Katya didn't know anymore. She just put down her phone for a brief moment before picking it up again.

[Katya: I'd fly my ass over to Milwaukee for you, you know that]

Katya smiled at her phone and sat down on her bed. She just wanted to call her best friend and hear her voice more than anything.

[Trixie: I hate texting so much right now...]

She wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean but not a minute later she received a video call from her closest friend, and she happily accepted. She is as met with Trixie, whose face had makeup - mostly eyeliner, smeared all over her face. Katya laughed.

"This is why I hated texting. I was so busy trying to get this stuff off of my face. So don't mind the mess. How are you really?" Trixie asked as she continued grabbing makeup removing wipes and gently rubbed her eyes, trying to remove the leftover eyeliner marks. "You can tell me anything, you know that."

Katya nodded and sighed. "You know I've been having really bad anxiety right?" Trixie nodded as she finished taking off her makeup. "It's been getting worse and worse and earlier I couldn't stop hyperventilating and I felt like I was gonna die. I'm not sure how much longer I can pull through."

Trixie just stared at her screen, which had Katya's face on it. "I'm so sorry..." Trixie looked down at her lap and bit her lip. "Give me a moment." Trixie pulled out her laptop and logged into her bank account to check her balance and saving before looking up flights. Yes, she is was serious. She had discussed it with people before as well and most of them were supportive and told her to go if that's what she really wanted.

"What're you doing?" Katya asked. Trixie looked yo and smiled.

"Got any plans anytime soon?" Trixie asked and katya shook her head. "Good. Cause I'm going over." She said to the melody of Let's Have A Kiki. Katya couldn't believe it and started tearing up whereas trixie just smiled. "Just let me book my flight there first, I want to decide when I'm going home." Katya nodded happily while trixie booked a flight for tomorrow morning. "Well, I'll be there tomorrow."

Katya made some sounds she couldn't content and started fanning herself while quietly saying "oh my god" over and over. She couldn't believe this was happening. "When is your flight then?" She asked, realizing trixie said tomorrow.

"In the morning but I've got time to pack. I have to be at the airport at 7, flight at 9:15 and I'll be on Boston around 2pm." Trixie said as she got up to retrieve her suitcase from some corner in her room. "Want to keep the call going or should I pack on my own?"

Katya looked at the time. "Keep the call going. I want to see yo-." The last part she said quietly before even realizing what she was saying. Trixie didn't hear it and went to grab some stuff, folded them and put them in her suitcase.

"Is it any use to try and go to sleep at this point?" Trixie asked and Katya shook her head. "I'll nap at your place then. Or on the plane." Katya at this point was glad she lived alone. Trixie lived with her mom, at least for the time being because she got kicked out. Trixie, being a 25 year old, just wanted to be on her own. Katya, as a 27 year old, had already been on her own for a while but was to scared to admit it got lonely.

The two of them talked while Trixie packed her back until Katya decided to still get some sleep herself anyway. Trixie didn't mind, for her it would mean more time to mentally prepare herself for her flight, being in a foreign city and especially also meeting Katya. Her best friend, possibly more if only Trixie had more clarity.